cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Best Method of Paying our Seasonal Lease to our USA Resort.

Canuck_Travelle
Explorer
Explorer
Hi, have not been on the Open Roads Forum lately.
Have a question that might be asked a lot now, is how others pay their Season Lease in their Communities in the southern USA.

As Canadians we have a house in Florida and its on Leased Land and in a Resort, the lease is due on November 1st, 2020.

We could just mail a cheque and follow it via the Post Office or possibly use other methods like E-Transfer, TD Global Transfer or other sources like XE, World Remit....etc.

These other sources may not charge the transfer rate but apparently make their money on the space between the actual currency rate and their charges.

Just wondering how others do theirs, every other year we were in Florida by November 1st but this year does not look good so we will wait until the situation hopefully gets better.

Thanks for any suggestions.
2017 Chev Silverado LTZ,6.2 Engine,8 SPEED,4WD, Nav Option, Leather Package, almost all options.
13 REPLIES 13

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
moisheh wrote:
A cheaue is the worst method. You need to send us funds. Of you write us funds on the chrque the bank will kill you with a bad exchange rate

True, consider a money order

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
I recently sent a regular rate parcel from Regina to Toronto. It arrived in 48 hours.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

Community Alumni
Not applicable
We have two places that I pay for each year in the US, I use a Canadian credit card for both. Never had an issue,

... Eric

Guy_Roan
Explorer
Explorer
All you have to do is mail a check and then watch your bank statement.
Or if you are really concerned, check your account on line every day

Guy

Jack_Diane_Free
Explorer
Explorer
Go to your bank and get a bank draught in US dollars and courier using UPS, Fedex or other reliable service requiring a signature on receipt. I would not ever send anything of importance using Canadian or US postal services. My son sent a priority post package to me from Ottawa to Burlington Ontario. Took 3 weeks. Should have been 2 days.

Beverley_Ken
Explorer
Explorer
"Postal System and pay the option to follow it and get a receipt when it is received". Definitely , and after you get the message that it was delivered , follow up with a phone call.

Ken
2006 Winnebago Outlook 29B E-450.
2012 Honda CR-V AWD
Blue Ox Aventa LX tow bar and Brake Buddy Vantage.

Canuck_Travelle
Explorer
Explorer
Moisheh and others, thanks for the reply but in Canada we can change the Canadian currency to US Currency and send a US Cheque in US Currency so no exchange required just the foreign exchange fee charged by the bank.
In our case we use TD (Toronto Dominon Bank) and I would think all Canadian banks there is an option to change the money to US Currency use their US option. And in the Canadian Postal System I think I can follow the letter and get a receipt that it is delivered. I think I answered my own question ie send a cheque in US funds via the Canadian Postal System and pay the option to follow it and get a receipt when it is received,
Thanks everyone!
2017 Chev Silverado LTZ,6.2 Engine,8 SPEED,4WD, Nav Option, Leather Package, almost all options.

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
What does the recipient prefer? Do they have an online portal to take payments?

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
A cheaue is the worst method. You need to send us funds. Of you write us funds on the chrque the bank will kill you with a bad exchange rate

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
Send check through FedEx.

Canuck_Travelle
Explorer
Explorer
Tyler0215 wrote:
Mail a check.

A cheque, yes I think you are right, best option and follow it thru the post office so you know that it has arrived, BTW I mailed thru the Canadian Postal System a letter a while ago to Florida and it took two months to get there, the obvious reply is "COVID-19, all excuses result in this now!

The lease people HTA (Hometown America) do not accept a credit card...poor souls, might lose a % of their lease fees, money grubbers must get every cent possible.

Thanks for your replies.

Tyler0215
Explorer
Explorer
Mail a check.

Tom_N
Explorer
Explorer
Can you call them and use your credit card?
Sarver, PA/Crystal River, FL/Shelocta, PA ยท W3TLN ยท FMCA 335149 ยท Mystic Knights of the Sea
2005 Suncruiser 38R ยท W24 chassis, no chassis mods needed ยท 2013 Honda Accord EX-L ยท 2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L