cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Birmingham Alabama South RV Park

tracyb-oh
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone stayed at Birmingham South RV Park? It looks like it could be a good stop for us on the way to Florida. The website says they have pull thru sites. Just wondering if anyone has any experience there.
Tracy and T
2017 Sanibel 5th wheel
2015 Dodge Ram crew cab long bed Cummins diesel
9 REPLIES 9

mikestock
Explorer
Explorer
Hoover RV park is OK but probably a little farther off I-65 than you would want to go for an overnight.

Another option is Oak Mountain SP. The regular SP campground is about 6 miles into the park but there is an equestrian camping area with full hookups, located just inside the main entrance.

tracyb-oh
Explorer
Explorer
2naEagle wrote:
Birmingham South RV Park is a very easy off and back on for you. Be advised that there is a lot of construction going on in Birmingham. Also construction from where you get back on for about 5 miles or so. If coming through in the late afternoon time traffic going south on 65 from Birmingham to there will be very bad. If you can make it before 3 or 4 would be good. The good thing is in the morning all the traffic is going North on 65 to Birmingham.
About 30 miles down 65 south from Birmingham South is Yellow Hammer RV Campground.
Hoover Met will be a good 15-20 minuets out of your way but is a good place.

We will be coming thru on a Sunday, hope that will make the traffic a little better. Thanks for the heads up.
Tracy and T
2017 Sanibel 5th wheel

2naEagle
Explorer
Explorer
Birmingham South RV Park is a very easy off and back on for you. Be advised that there is a lot of construction going on in Birmingham. Also construction from where you get back on for about 5 miles or so. If coming through in the late afternoon time traffic going south on 65 from Birmingham to there will be very bad. If you can make it before 3 or 4 would be good. The good thing is in the morning all the traffic is going North on 65 to Birmingham.
About 30 miles down 65 south from Birmingham South is Yellow Hammer RV Campground.
Hoover Met will be a good 15-20 minuets out of your way but is a good place.
2020 F350 Limited CCSB SRW
2017 North Point 315RLTS
2021 Jayco Greyhawk 29MV

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
Then again you could try the Hoover Met. Itโ€™s the place they play the SEC baseball tournament and they have a nice RV lot with well lighted spots, full hookups. Weโ€™ve stayed there a couple of times when visiting a cousin who lives less than a mile away. Did not need any extras which is good cause they donโ€™t have any! Closer to Birmingham.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
tracyb-oh wrote:
This is sounding encouraging. Some of the reviews I saw online mentioned a manager who apparently is very rude, but I thought for an overnight stop, I can get over that.

As I remember they were friendly. Some people get back what they project!
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC

tracyb-oh
Explorer
Explorer
This is sounding encouraging. Some of the reviews I saw online mentioned a manager who apparently is very rude, but I thought for an overnight stop, I can get over that.
Tracy and T
2017 Sanibel 5th wheel

Jay_Pat
Explorer
Explorer
Stayed there this spring in a pull thru site.
Would stay again!!
Pat
2010 Ford F-350 SRW
2021 Grand Design Reflection 315

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
Stayed multiple times very good stop - enough off the freeway to be quiet
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yes. Itโ€™s and old KOA and they have lots of pull through sites. We would stay there again.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC