cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Boondocking Near Death Valley

Off_Pavement
Explorer II
Explorer II
Over Easter weekend we did a little boondocking across the "street" from Death Valley National Park on the east side not far from Shoshone. Here is my first attempt at drone videography of the location...

California Boondocking near Death Valley
The Road To Paradise Is NOT Paved!
Please Support Multiple Use of our Public Lands!

Brian Hoag
www.rv-camping.org
'10 Sunseeker Class C - Gozer II
'13 Jeep JKU (Wrangler) - Billie

5 REPLIES 5

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
Off Pavement wrote:
Over Easter weekend we did a little boondocking across the "street" from Death Valley National Park on the east side not far from Shoshone. Here is my first attempt at drone videography of the location...

California Boondocking near Death Valley

Thanks much for your great short & sweet video! Excellent drone work, too.

Your camping video is a perfect example of what I wish more folks would do with their small Class C RVs so there was a community where we could compare notes and share issues. A whole forum topic area on off-highway Class C use and camping would be a good addition, IMHO.

After all a small 2WD Class C is about the same as a 2WD pickup ... which of course can go many places off-highway ... just without all the comforts of home like one has with a small Class C. From one aspect, a small 2WD Class C is superior to a 2WD pickup because a Class C has tremenduous weight on the rear duallies for dry surface traction way superior to that of a 2WD pickup. Over-the-top a bit ... but we even have non-stock oversize tires on our small Class C to improve overall ground clearance (easy to implement, BTW) to where it is equal to, or better than, that of a stock pickup truck.
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
Great vid, great music!! I liked it so much I played it twice -- the second time at 1.5 speed -- it sounded like Eric Clapton. Who was that on the bass guitar, anyway??
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

4aSong
Explorer
Explorer
If this was your 1st. attempt it came out fantastic, thanks for sharing.
M & N

Tundra TRD V8 4x4 w/Leer Shell
EU2000i * Prodigy * McKesh * Trek * Renogy * ENU

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Your โ€œfirst attemptโ€ was great!
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
Shoshone is a very interesting old mining town. I like the houses in the cliffs.