cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Burlington SP, Humboldt California Water

Wavesprite
Explorer
Explorer
I know there are no hookups, and I don't see a dump station either. Does anyone know if there is a place to fill up our camper with water? We do have one of those hose thief connectors we could use, but I wonder if it would be frowned upon.

I'd rather not drive that day (6 hour drive) pulling all that extra water, too.

Thanks!
10 REPLIES 10

Wavesprite
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone!

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
Wavesprite wrote:
Thanks Dan, Do you think we'd be able to pull next to a spigot and fill up using one of those water thief attachments (where you don't have to use the threads?), or if we had a long enough hose we'd be able to do it to our camper in our site?

can't remember how far apart the spigots are but you'd be blocking the road if you stopped to fill up.
we filled our FW tank before arriving and just used the 6 gallon water jug to shuttle water.

i'd contact the campground to find solutions. Benbow would be one.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

korbe
Explorer
Explorer
Wavesprite wrote:
Thanks Dan, Do you think we'd be able to pull next to a spigot and fill up using one of those water thief attachments (where you don't have to use the threads?), or if we had a long enough hose we'd be able to do it to our camper in our site?

I would stop at the dump station at Benbow and fill up.

Wavesprite
Explorer
Explorer

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
Wavesprite wrote:
I know there are no hookups, and I don't see a dump station either. Does anyone know if there is a place to fill up our camper with water? We do have one of those hose thief connectors we could use, but I wonder if it would be frowned upon.

I'd rather not drive that day (6 hour drive) pulling all that extra water, too.

Thanks!

We stayed there a few years ago.
There are water spigots located in spots throughout the campground.

We had to dump at another state campground on our way south.

Realize that the road through the campground is very tight and curvy.
Takes calm nerves, especially backing in many of the sites.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

Wavesprite
Explorer
Explorer
Awesome, thanks!!!!

korbe
Explorer
Explorer
Last time we stayed there the ranger gave us a map of the dump stations available. Since we were going north, Fortuna was the closest. I would call them and ask that same question.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
From which direction are you arriving?

This park FAQ lists dump station locations, water is probably there.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Wavesprite
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry, it's Humboldt Redwoods State Park, Burlington Campground

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
I can't find this place.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman