cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Campground recommendations between Daytona and Orlando

curt12914
Explorer
Explorer
We are currently in Florida staying in a timeshare.

Next year, we are planning to spend a few weeks in Florida and really like the area between Daytona and Orlando. We would probably be staying 4 - 6 weeks and may decide to stay more than one place.

If anyone has any recommendations in that area (or other areas in Florida) that we would like for an extended stay, we would like to visit while we are here to see for ourselves.
2021 F-350 Platinum 4X4 PSD SRW 2016 Montana 3950FL (2) Honda EU2000i's
...and a few (twenty-some, but other than my wife, no one is counting) antique Allis Chalmers tractors
5 REPLIES 5

Steeljag
Explorer
Explorer
curt12914 wrote:
Bears Den wrote:
You didn’t specify when exactly you plan to spend time in Florida. If it’s during snowbird season you might find it hard to get a spot for any length of time. Many places book a year in advance during the winter months. State parks allow reservations 11 months out and federal 6 months out. Good luck.

Probably February & March.

That time frame puts you in the Daytona Speed weeks (Feb) and Bike week (Mar) events , along with the normal snow bird crowds throughout central Florida .

State Parks - Blue Springs State Park in Orange city ( 30 min to Daytona).

Wekiwa State Park in Apopka would put you more in the “ middle” of those two cities. However, state parks may limit you to two weeks.

Good luck !
2018 Forester 3011DS
2010 Flagstaff 26RLS (Sold)
2012 Ford F-150 Screw Ecoboost H/D 3.73
1930 CCC
Going where the weather suits my clothes !

curt12914
Explorer
Explorer
Bears Den wrote:
You didn’t specify when exactly you plan to spend time in Florida. If it’s during snowbird season you might find it hard to get a spot for any length of time. Many places book a year in advance during the winter months. State parks allow reservations 11 months out and federal 6 months out. Good luck.

Probably February & March.
2021 F-350 Platinum 4X4 PSD SRW 2016 Montana 3950FL (2) Honda EU2000i's
...and a few (twenty-some, but other than my wife, no one is counting) antique Allis Chalmers tractors

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
New Smyrna Camp Ground or Sugar Mill on Mission RD---closer to Daytona. Both a straight shot to the beach, Titusville, Cape Canaveral, etc. I just stayed at Smyrna for a week in March with only a week advance reservation, no problem.

Bears_Den
Explorer
Explorer
2014 Kodiak 279 rbsl
2017 Ford F-150 King Ranch V8
Equalizer hitch
Ford integrated brake controller
2004 Travel Lite 23S Hybrid Travel Trailer ( previous trailer )
1998 Viking Popup ( previous trailer )

No substitute for experience

dalenoel
Explorer II
Explorer II
Orange City RV Park, Orange City, FL is right along I-4 and almost the middle point
03 Monaco Neptune 36PBD DP - 18 Focus Toad
Wife, myself, and Oreo the Malshi