cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Campground search @ Jackson TN

hamilton71801
Explorer
Explorer
There will be 4-5 of us in our group headed to Mammoth Cave and will need a half way point to rest which is @ Jackson TN. I've looked at KOA but they are over $40 a night which seems kind of steep. Any other nice places between Memphis and Nashville on I-40? Really just need electric.
2013 Keystone Hornet 29.5 BHS Fifth Wheel
2001.5 Dodge QC Shortbox 4x4 Auto Cummins
Quadzilla XZT+, Stage 3 Jammer Nozzles, BD J Hook
HTS Trans
Full Gauges
Maxbrake Controller
1978 17' Glastron Carlson (115 Mercury, Hotfoot, completely restored)
6 REPLIES 6

DannyA
Explorer
Explorer
Never stayed there but there is a campground at Parkers Crossroads if your only wanting to meet and spend the night.
I would recommend Natchez Trace RV Campground. While it is off the interstate a little, very nice sites, full hookups, level, roomy. You must or almost have to make reservations online now days. They will let you just come in but they don't like it.
2013 Sabre 290 REDS 5th wheel
2011 F250 Ford diesel

Mark Twain wrote: "Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do...

KID2TEXAS
Explorer
Explorer
Joy O is easy in and easy out and it always seems to have spots and I agree its a nice stop over, the one in Jackson is just a parking lot, I to love Natchez trace but be advised it is way off the road but very nice back there, the area is called pin oak sites is the best spots with full hook ups, have fun.
2006 Ford F-250 Super Duty, Amarillo Special Edition 4 X 4 & 6.0 PSD,
2015 Columbus 320 RS
Me, a Wife and two crazy kids that are to cool to go anymore :B
Golf cart that matches the Amarillo truck.

hamilton71801
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the replies. I'll give Joy-O a call and see they have anything.
2013 Keystone Hornet 29.5 BHS Fifth Wheel
2001.5 Dodge QC Shortbox 4x4 Auto Cummins
Quadzilla XZT+, Stage 3 Jammer Nozzles, BD J Hook
HTS Trans
Full Gauges
Maxbrake Controller
1978 17' Glastron Carlson (115 Mercury, Hotfoot, completely restored)

Phil___Stephie
Explorer
Explorer
Second Joy O, good place to overnight.

Phil & Stephanie Grey

"Partners In Life"
2016 Allegro 36LA
2007 Chevy HHR
Yorkies; Paisley Marie & Opie Taylor

padredw
Nomad
Nomad
Yes, we have stayed at Nachez Trace State Park and enjoyed it.

If you only want an overnight on I-40, we have stayed several times at Joy O campground between Jackson and Brownsville, TN. Just a simple, rural campground in the right place. I would not hesitate to stay there again--not as a desitnation, but an overnight.

bartletttravell
Explorer
Explorer
If you can make it to mile marker 116 try Natchez Trace State Park I think there are 3 campgrounds. Closest to I-40 is the Wrangler camp.
Jim & Judy
2003 Coachmen Aurora
3380MBS