Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Campgrounds n Parks on the Maryland coast help

Rickl750
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Guys,
I’m a newbie, this is my second year with my travel trailer. Last year we went to Lancaster PA and Delaware coast, this year we’re going to Ashville NC in July and returning to NJ via the Maryland coast Rt-13 Rt113. We would like to break up the trip by staying in the area but never been there. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to stay and things to do? We’re mainly interested in the beach and preferably a place where we could take our dogs, they love the beach. My travel trailer is a 25footer and I’m traveling with my wife, teenage daughter, and two Irish wolfhounds.

Thanks you in advance for any suggestions 🙂

Rick
7 REPLIES 7

NoVa_RT
Explorer
Explorer
I’ll second the recommendation for Assateague State Park in Maryland. Probably no sites with electric available unless you get extremely lucky with a cancellation. However, generator hours are pretty extensive, and if the weather cooperates enough that you don’t need the A/C at night, you should be OK. Might be tight on the weekend, but I’ve done pretty well on short notice Sunday - Thursday.
2013 RT 190-Popular

mikhen
Explorer
Explorer
If your dogs love the beach, Massey's Landing in Delaware will be great.

Rickl750
Explorer
Explorer
Everyone, thanks for your help. I'll start calling to see what I can find something considering I'm doing this last minute.

Regards,
Rick

Try:

Frontier Town

Castaways

Delaware Seashore State Park Campground

masseys landing
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

schlep1967
Explorer III
Explorer III
Our favorite Island Resort
Not right on the beach but it is right on a freshwater lake. Large sites but getting a shaded one might be difficult this late in the game. Oh and it is just off of 113.
2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500 Diesel
2022 Montana Legacy 3931FB
Pull-Rite Super Glide 4500

shar3890
Explorer
Explorer
It might be pretty hard to get a site for July at this point in time. Most places book a year in advance. But for what you are looking for I would recommend Castaways, Frontiertown or Assateaque State Park in Maryland. There is also Delaware Seashore State Park or Cape Henlopen state park in Delaware. All water front/beach front campgrounds.

Airdaile
Explorer
Explorer
Assateague

Castaways

If you're taking the Cape May ferry - Cape Henlopen