cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Camping at Nashville, TN

RVman3252
Explorer
Explorer
We are planning to visit Nashville for 3 to 5 days... Does anyone have any suggestions for a good campground? Also besides The Grand Ol' Oprey any other suggestions? It will be our 42nd Anneversary Celebration trip!

Thanks! RVman /. John
RVman3252
3252Px3 KZ Sportsmen Limited Triple Slide Fifth Wheel
Dodge Ram HD3500 CrewCab, Longbed 4x4 Cummins w/ PullRite Super 5th

Good Sam Life Member
11 REPLIES 11

yaya
Explorer
Explorer
we went to nashville in May. We stayed at an army corp of engineers park, Anderson Road COE. Great place!!! We also took the grand ole opry tour. Another good thing was the on/off trolley. Tells you alot about the city. The Parthenon is on the route and it is great to see. Have fun and happy Annniversary!!

RVman3252
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks to all of you for the suggestions of Campgrounds and additional things to see and do. We will be going sometime the middle to end of September, but thanks for the warning about parks being booked for the eclipse viewing...

RVman / John
RVman3252

Good Sam Life Member

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
went to the american pickers antique shop ,they have some really old in great shape things to look at.

jerseyjim
Explorer
Explorer
Years ago, we used Yogi Bear in Nashville. Good location and were satisfied with the staff and campground. It was January and cold...but we did OK. Went to Grand Ol' Oprey that, at the time was in the Ryman Auditorium (a converted church). Best thing I ever did was get the bus service, pick us up at the cg and take us to the show...then return.

A KOA and Camping World just next door.

TenOC
Nomad
Nomad
Montgomery Bell State Park 30 miles west of Nashville
Please give me enough troubles, uncertainty, problems, obstacles and STRESS so that I do not become arrogant, proud, and smug in my own abilities, and enough blessings and good times that I realize that someone else is in charge of my life.

Travel Photos

GeoBoy
Explorer
Explorer
KOA/Nashville.

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
We're going to be at Two Rivers for the eclipse next monday.

I hope your trip isn't in the next week because you may have a hard time getting a place.

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
We are fairly local, and have stayed at all of them in the area. This is our top choice.

Grand Old RV resort!
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

RVman3252
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, we may need sewer, but camping right on a lake would be great! Thanks for recommendation on Two Rivers... and for recommending a show at the Ryman...

RVman. /. John
RVman3252

Good Sam Life Member

darsben1
Explorer
Explorer
There are 3 on music valley drive. I stayed at Two Rivers which was nice. helpful staff and a shuttle to downtown as well as help getting tickets to events
Please take in a show at the Ryman
Traveling with my best friend, my wife in a 1990 Southwind

linnemj
Explorer
Explorer
If you can live without a sewer hookup, our suggestion is Seven Points COE Campground. Lovely location on a large lake about 30 minutes from downtown on the eastern side of the city.
Jim & Nicky
2012 Forest River XLR MBV 29
2010 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel
Motorcycles!