cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Camping at Pocono Raceway

Looking for 1st hand knowledge of Camping at Pocono Raceway...We have always made it a day trip since its only a 2 hour ride, but looking to camp there in 2020..

Best spots? spots to avoid? any paved or gravel spots? Views of track from the camper?

Joe
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet
2 REPLIES 2

PCronin68 wrote:
Unfortunate you will have to wait until this years infield campers are contacted to renew for next year. Next year's Pocono Weekend will have two races held on the same weekend (June 2020). That means two groups of campers will have to fit into one weekend event (assuming no duplicates). I have been in the reserve camping spots between turn 2 & 3) but the word is they will be opening up camping in turn 1. From an experience standpoint its great...concert and event during the weekend in the infield. Only drawback compared to other tracks is the bathrooms and showers.

There not draw backs for me, we love to use our own shower and bathroom .
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

PCronin68
Explorer
Explorer
Unfortunate you will have to wait until this years infield campers are contacted to renew for next year. Next year's Pocono Weekend will have two races held on the same weekend (June 2020). That means two groups of campers will have to fit into one weekend event (assuming no duplicates). I have been in the reserve camping spots between turn 2 & 3) but the word is they will be opening up camping in turn 1. From an experience standpoint its great...concert and event during the weekend in the infield. Only drawback compared to other tracks is the bathrooms and showers.
2014 Fleetwood Bounder 34b