cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cheyenne Frontier Days Rodeo Seating Recommendations?

SuperBus
Nomad
Nomad
Hello,

We'll be passing through Cheyenne, WY this year during Frontier Days. We're considering watching the rodeo. To anyone with knowledge of the event, would you care to recommend the best section for seating to get the best overall experience?

Thanks!
8 REPLIES 8

SuperBus
Nomad
Nomad

Update:

I ended up calling their box office to get seats for the eight of us in my group.  That was the smart choice as they recommended the best seats (which were still available).  They placed us in section CB-215, Row F.  That area was covered which protected us from the drizzle that day.  We were able to see the start for many of the rodeo events and weren't too far off center to watch the awards being handed out to the winners.  Concessions and rest rooms were close as well. 

SuperBus
Nomad
Nomad
Many thanks to the helpful posts, particularly those which had specific information!

Horsedoc
Explorer II
Explorer II
Past years there has been a rodeo in Cody Wy several times a week. I have not been since COVID. Cody if you are just want to see a rodeo. Frontier Days is a bit more 'serious/intense' competition.
horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
Blue Ox tow

Thom02099
Explorer II
Explorer II
TexasShadow wrote:
seats on the shady side would give some relief from the heat. good luck getting tickets this late in the day.

The CFD Grandstand sits pointing to the northwest, and both side have a cover. so the larger seating area is on the west side. The sun will be blocked for the afternoon rodeo events if on the west side. The better seats are in the center section, the side sections have some obstructed views from the columns that cover the grandstand.

If you go to any of the concerts in the evening, be aware of the possibility of storms/thunderstorms. Also, the concerts are usually very loud so take some ear protection. I saw Florida Georgia Line a few years back and they were incredibly amplified to the point of being painful to listen to.
2007 GMC Sierra SLE 3500HD Dually
2016 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 243RBS
2007 Keystone Outback 25RSS - R.I.P.

dedmiston
TexasShadow wrote:
seats on the shady side would give some relief from the heat. good luck getting tickets this late in the day.

I was going to say the same thing.

My dad spent a lot of time at the bullfights in Spain in the 70s and ran with the bulls in Pamplona. He said that the "Sombre" seats were more expensive than the "Sol" seats.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

TexasShadow
Explorer
Explorer
TexasShadow
Holiday Rambler Endeavor LE/ 3126B Cat
Sometimes BMW K75 on Rear Carrier
Jeep Grand Cherokee or 2016 Ford XLT 4x4 super cab with 8 ft bed
M&G aux brake system
854 Watts of Solar Power

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
There are no bad seats. The arena is not that big.
For the experience go down by the bucking chutes before and during the rodeo. Hang out in some local western bars after the rodeo.

QCMan
Nomad II
Nomad II
One with a good view would be a place to start for me.

2020 Keystone Cougar 22RBS, Ram 1500, two Jacks and plenty of time to roam!
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. A.E.
Good Sam Life Member