cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

closures

machunt
Explorer
Explorer
I ve seen post as to state and national parks closed due to covid 19, is there a site for private camgrounds?
10 REPLIES 10

machunt
Explorer
Explorer
Just a side note. if you live in a state that has been closed down (stay at home order) by the govenor how many of you are watching grandkids in your own home. just a thought.

MODERATOR'S EDIT: Per the site Admin's request, I am closing all COVID-19 threads and directing future comments to one thread in Around the Campfire: 2019โ€“20 CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC POSTINGS

J_herb
Explorer
Explorer
rhagfo wrote:
azdryheat wrote:
Well the government knows best. Power hungry politicians close down all the RV parks so that people thousands of miles from home have no place to stay.

Well the issue isnโ€™t those full timers currently on the, it is those that see being out of work, time to go camping! When you have tent campers sharing restroom facilities there is a greater risk of spread. Full timers with self contained units are less risk.
Just saw several reports of here in the PNW people clocking to the beaches, crowds close contact, not what we need to be doing.
Oregon is now closing all parks Monday 3/23 at 1:00 pm! We will be closed until at least May 8th.

On Friday we did a drive through at Joseph Stewart,SP. north of Medford,Oregon and talked to the ranger and she said that the park was booked until April 3RD and now with so many people at most Oregon SP. they are closing them early 3/23/20! We saw lots of tent campers and RV and lots of kids and dogs.
J herb

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
azdryheat wrote:
Well the government knows best. Power hungry politicians close down all the RV parks so that people thousands of miles from home have no place to stay.

Well the issue isnโ€™t those full timers currently on the, it is those that see being out of work, time to go camping! When you have tent campers sharing restroom facilities there is a greater risk of spread. Full timers with self contained units are less risk.
Just saw several reports of here in the PNW people clocking to the beaches, crowds close contact, not what we need to be doing.
Oregon is now closing all parks Monday 3/23 at 1:00 pm! We will be closed until at least May 8th.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

machunt
Explorer
Explorer
We in OHIO are on lock down so i will have to wait and see

PawPaw_n_Gram
Explorer
Explorer
I've read that PA has ordered all campgrounds to close, private as well as state.

TT has supposedly sent out a notice to anyone with a reservation in a PA park that they have been ordered to close their CG in the state.

But I can find nothing on the TT site about this.

PA government website has a long list of industries and type of facilities - what can be open and what must be closed.

Under the Leisure and Hospitality category is RV Parks and they are allowed to be open for "Residential Only" use.
Full-Time 2014 - ????

โ€œNot all who wander are lost.โ€
"You were supposed to turn back at the last street."

2012 Ram 2500 Mega Cab
2014 Flagstaff 832IKBS TT

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
Campendium closures US is running a list which also shows some state information as well as having links to chain and club sites (Escapees and TT or KOA) just scroll down past the national parks and federal information.
For canadians there is a similar site accessible from the homepage.

docsouce
Explorer II
Explorer II
I just checked out KOA.com. Their home page has information on how they are handling this situation.
2x on checking the campground web sites or calling ahead.
2020 JAYCO 26XD
Just right for the two of us!

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
I haven't heard of too many private parks closing. It should be on their website if they are closed.

MDKMDK
Explorer
Explorer
Wouldn't a private cg post their status on their website?
Mike. Comments are anecdotal or personal opinions, and worth what you paid for them.
2018 (2017 Sprinter Cab Chassis) Navion24V + 2016 Wrangler JKU (sold @ ????)
2016 Sunstar 26HE, V10, 3V, 6 Speed (sold @ 4600 miles)
2002 Roadtrek C190P (sold @ 315,000kms)