Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cody WY campground recommendation

Joe_in_Texas
Explorer
Explorer
June 3 -7......
would appreciate hearing your experience at campgrounds in the Cody area. We have a 38ft fifth wheel. just us two old people....

Thanks

Good Sam and Passport America members
14 REPLIES 14

LaTriker
Explorer
Explorer
Buffalo Bill State Park is 10 miles west of Cody. It has paves pads with water and elec. The park is on Buffalo Bill Reservoir with a great view from most sites.

svcheerio
Explorer
Explorer
As far as a good location close to everything ....Parkway Trailer & RV Park. Nothing fancy, cash or check only. But we would stay again because of the location and price. Nice friendly staff. Permanent trailers were on the perimeter and no "scary" people in them. If you're looking for convenience to all things "CODY"..this is the place. If you're looking for "ambiance"...this is NOT.
๐Ÿ™‚He,Me and the Dog
1997 Winnebago Brave
2005 Jeep Wrangler
2 Happy Campers
1 Happy Dog

flgator4
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed 2 nights at Ponderosa. We were in a back in, and you are packed in like sardines. Bathrooms were very clean. Location was convenient.

badbob1
Explorer
Explorer
Have stayed at Pondorosa in the past and found it to be OK. This year we will be with several of our GK and have reservations at Cody Trout Ranch RV Park. Have never stayed at this location but looks like a nice change. Daughter has also booked a Tepee.
Bad Bob

sp8gold
Explorer
Explorer
We also use the Ponderosa. Last stay was in the new part with the pull thrus. Nice folks, clean park. We will stay again. We did use the KOA east of town one time. That was enough for me.JMHO

NEOK
Explorer
Explorer
The back in sites at ponderosa are close. We stayed there in a truck camper and didn't have much room on either side or in front or back of the rig. Be aware that both entrances and exits are onto major roads with a lot if traffic. Other than those issues it is a well maintained park.
neok
2009 GMC 25000HD Short Bed 6.0 Gas Engine Crew Cab SLT 4x4
2008 Bigfoot 15C9.5FS
Torklift Talons, Fastguns, Stableload Quick Disconnects, Superhitch & SuperTruss

Dance_Chick
Explorer
Explorer
If you stay at Ponderosa, make sure you get a pull-thru in the newer section. The back-in section was like sardines. I wouldn't stay in that section. Agree the location was great. We've also stayed at Absaroka, which is a very short drive to downtown. Cody is small, and it was on the outskirt. It was cheaper (Passport). Sites were close, but wasn't that bad for us.
Gene, Gayle, & Oliver (the dog)
2006 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40 PDQ/2012 Honda CRV toad
Blue Ox tow bar & base plate/Air Force One braking

greyhook
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at the Ponderosa, we really liked it. Walking distance to the Museum of the West and the bus for the rodeo picks you up there as well. Very clean showers and great host, we will be back!!!

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
Yellowstone Valley Inn is where we stayed. Easy drive back into Cody or to East Yellowstone Park entrance. If you want full hookups, be sure to make reservations and ask for a full hookup site. I can be windy there so don't leave awning out!
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi

dewey02
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at the KO east of town when we wanted to spend a few days in Cody. It was OK.
Not the most scenic and didn't have lots of space, but we only spent the nightime there, the rest was spent in Cody at museums, etc.

On our way in to Yellowstone,(when we were just passing through Cody on the first part of our trip) we spent one night in Cody and just stayed overnight at the Walmart. We were surprised that they allowed overnighters in such a big tourist town. There were maybe 35 trailers in their lot that night. It worked for us as an overnight and allowed us to get a very early start into Yellowstone.

RoyF
Explorer
Explorer
KOA east of town worked fine for us in 2015.

RAS43
Explorer III
Explorer III
Check out Yellowstone Valley Inn & RV. It is west of Cody toward Yellowstone Park. We enjoyed our stay there and it is a Passport America park.

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
This couple reviewed Wyoming stays... See #2 for Cody at Buffalo Bill State Park.

http://wheelingit.us/category/rv-park-ratings/wy-rv-park-ratings/
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

Mortimer_Brewst
Explorer
Explorer
The Ponderosa Campground in town is well kept, but I found it too noisy and crowded for my taste. I prefer the KOA east of town.
If ethics are poor at the top, that behavior is copied down through the organization - Robert Noyce

2018 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2019 Coachmen Chaparral 298RLS