cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Condition of Lakewood Campground

wborst
Explorer
Explorer
Is anyone staying at Lakewood Campground in Myrtle Beach, S.C. If so, how are conditions in the campground and the roads coming in on 501 through Conway?

I can’t get through on the phone to get any information from the staff.
Thanks.
Brenda, Bill
Our little dog Madison has crossed the Rainbow Bridge
2003 Newmar Mountain Aire 40ft. Spartan chassis
400 hp Cummins ISL
10 REPLIES 10

trafficmaker
Explorer
Explorer
If you want to see US 501 in real time, visit http://www.511sc.org/ and click on the camera icons. We have constructed temporary structures to try and prevent the closure of US 501, however during the crest next week, we will all be watching.
2014 Toyota Tundra 4x4 Double Cab and a really nice tent.

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
Moved from General RVing
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

Cocky_Camper
Explorer
Explorer
The campground sustained very minimal damage. It issue now is the highways coming into Conway, coming into MB. With the river's expected to reach their peak in the next few days, a lot of highways may be under water. They have not been as informative on there website or Facebook as the other campgrounds keeping everyone updated.

As far as staying to help clean up, I'd call the campground directly and speak to a manager. Maybe they can help with a deal?
2004 Sea Breeze by National RV - 8341

Former Coaches:
2006 Keystone Zeppeline 291 - TT
2000 Aerolite Cub F21 - Hybrid TT
1991 Coleman Pop Up

Formerly known as: hybrid_camper

ro_sie
Explorer
Explorer
It has always been hard to reach them on the phone. We have stayed there many times and enjoyed it. if you go you will find many places closed, but still enough things to do to be enjoyable. The beach will still be there, thats what we all want I think.
ro_sie
Art ( my roomie)
Fleetwood Revolution LE

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
I think they are also building a temporary dam structure somewhere on 501 to keep Myrtle Beach from being cut off from the rest of the state. Saw some pics of the construction on the weather channel I use. Also saw something on 9/18 that the river near Conway is continuing to rise , is already at major flood state and they don't expect it to crest for another couple of days. The road open could change, so check often.

3_dog_nights
Explorer
Explorer
Last I heard they were having flooding issues on 501 west of Conway out to Galavant's Ferry. Check with W-PDE TV on facebook for updates, they are posting regularly.
Bob & Lynn
2 Chihuahua's, Ella, Gracie

was-2013 Open Range 424RLS,06' Chevy 3500, dually, Duramax/Allison

also was - 2015 Winnebago Adventurer 37F, towing 2003 Jeep Wrangler

now - 2021 NoBo 19.5, 2019 Honda Ridgeline RTL (Talk about downsizing!)

JAXFL
Explorer
Explorer
Are either good places to stay when volunteering to help clean up?..what the weekly cost.
Happy Trails
JAXFL
2008 3100LTD Sun Seeker
2008 Chevy Colorado Z71 4x4 Auto Toad

Crabbypatty
Explorer
Explorer
Pirateland also had minimal damage and is getting back up and running. Maye a Myrtle Beach thread..
John, Lisa & Tara:B:C:)
2015 F250 4x4 6.2L 6 spd 3.73s, CC Short Bed, Pullrite Slide 2700, 648 Wts Solar, 4 T-125s, 2000 Watt Xantrax Inverter, Trimetric 2030 Meter, LED Lights, Hawkings Smart Repeater, Wilson Extreme Cellular Repeater, Beer, Ribs, Smoker

Juzaxadar
Explorer
Explorer
Have never been there, but have known Myrtle Beach Travel Park to both responsive and clean. Not sure if Florence has any effect on their ability to answer the phone or accept visitors though.
2000 Minnie 31C V10

rv2go
Explorer
Explorer
Winnebago Journey
TN Lic. RV 2 GO
Jeep Cherokee 4x4
I'm here #4335
Blog