cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Craggy Wash B LM near Lake Havasu City AZ

caysea7254
Explorer
Explorer
We were looking forward to our 1st blm camping experience and being free was great. We read reviews most of them good ,a few bad, so decided to give it a try. Well we went in and drove a long way down but not our cup of tea! Passed a man and his dog walking and he gave us the finger!! Lol. The place is a dump!!! Didn't have a good feeling about it.on way out passed the man again and he told us to get (the F word). Very unfortunate hopefully our next one will be better. So staying at a state park south of the city. Tara
Steve & Tara Smiley
2022 3500HD Sierra GMC
2017 Grand Design Reflection 27RL
12 REPLIES 12

caysea7254
Explorer
Explorer
Thank u offpavement I appreciate the info. We r going today to the BLM office here in Lake Havasu City to get some better understanding of blm land.
Steve & Tara Smiley
2022 3500HD Sierra GMC

Off_Pavement
Explorer II
Explorer II
Across the Colorado River from Parker and a few miles west of Earp is a very large area available for boondocking. Your cell phone and TV will work great on the hill, room to spread out, and the views aren't bad either. The area starts along the western boundary of the CRIT Reservation (Colorado River Indian Tribes). Official information for this area is available at the Needles CA BLM Field Office.

Boondocking near Earp, CA (across the river from Parker AZ)
The Road To Paradise Is NOT Paved!
Please Support Multiple Use of our Public Lands!

Brian Hoag
www.rv-camping.org
'10 Sunseeker Class C - Gozer II
'13 Jeep JKU (Wrangler) - Billie

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
Caysea

Check out the Slabs sometime. That guy will look like a punk afterwards. Don't stay at the Slabs and don't eat the veggies grown in human waster at East Jesus. Lol. Just visit and get out before dark.

caysea7254
Explorer
Explorer
Well we went to walmart today and we seen that man that flipped us off sitting on curb by walmart with a sign saying I'm a vet I need money. My husband is a vet too,we slowed down to give until we seen who it was!! Guy wouldn't even look up!
Steve & Tara Smiley
2022 3500HD Sierra GMC

caver
Nomad
Nomad
I hear that spot mentioned on several youtube ebeggar channels.

caysea7254
Explorer
Explorer
We were just there yesterday. We did not drive over 10mph if that. We have a 34 5th wheel so very bumpy very slow. He said not so pleasant things to a camper coming in behind us they turned around also and left. We will not let that experience ru in it for us. If the sites would have been really nice his behavior would not of kept us from staying, just didn't get a good feeling about it. Thanks for the info on parker, our next stop. Tara
Steve & Tara Smiley
2022 3500HD Sierra GMC

NatParkJunkie
Explorer
Explorer
Don't let Craggy Wash sour using BLM land for you. I just finished a 4 month trip staying on BLM land, state parks, national monuments, national parks, etc. including a few days at Craggy Wash. There's a lot of fantastic free dispersed camping on BLM land out there in the country with wide open vistas an no nearby neighbors.
I don't know how far in you went, but I drove half way up the hill to the top away from everyone, and didn't have a bad experience there. There were some nice spots at the top of the hill too. I liked a lot of other BLM areas better, and probably wouldn't go back here though. I actually wished I had stopped around Parker instead because the rock canyon was so much cooler to me than Lake Havatsu area.
I'm certainly not trying to defend that guy's behavior, but I remember it being pretty dusty there. Maybe your rig kicked up a ton of dust that he and his dog had to walk through? and he was trying to convey his displeasure in one gesture? When there's people near the road, I always tried to slow down even more and check the dust cloud behind me to try to minimise it as much as I could to be considerate to them. (Hopefully the guy you referred to wasn't me either! I walked my dog up and down the hill there.)

Fulltimers
Explorer
Explorer
If you go a little further north from of Craggy Wash there is a flat where Boondockers stay. I have been through both on a RZR and the flat look more civil and safe.
Fulltimers
Fulltimers Weblog

2003 Rexhall Aerbus 3550BSL
W-22 Workhorse
2005 Saturn Vue (Mr. Toad)
3.5L V6 Automatic

caysea7254
Explorer
Explorer
Lol nope!!! He was prob in his middle 70's! Mean ole man!!! Lol
Steve & Tara Smiley
2022 3500HD Sierra GMC

cewillis
Explorer
Explorer
Wow -- what a loser. You didn't have something nasty painted on your RV did you?
(I know you didn't)
Cal

caysea7254
Explorer
Explorer
I guess that's true! We wouldn't have felt good leaving our rig there and exploring the town.
Steve & Tara Smiley
2022 3500HD Sierra GMC

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
Iirc I stayed at one north of there last fall called lone tree . It's not huge but I was able to double tow down the hill on the left and circle around down there.

With craggy being closer to town it may have more people that are called the mobile homeless. Not all that go there are of course but often times closer to towns has the worst of them.

If you are broke then staying close to necessities is a must.