cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Does anyone have a site map of Grand Canyon Railway RV Park?

Tjuice
Explorer
Explorer
I can't seem to find one online.
Thanks
13 REPLIES 13

Allworth
Explorer
Explorer
go to "www.thetrain.com"
Formerly posting as "littleblackdog"
Martha, Allen, & Blackjack
2006 Chevy 3500 D/A LB SRW, RVND 7710
Previously: 2008 Titanium 30E35SA. Currently no trailer due to age & mobility problems. Very sad!
"Real Jeeps have round headlights"

noe-place
Explorer
Explorer
We were there in '08. The campground is a huge parking lot type layout with full amenities but NO shade. You MUST use a sewer hose snake or their security will issue a citation for this offense. It is close enough to town so you can walk to restaurants, site seeing since old Route 66 runs right through town, and a large grocery store. There is a playground on the south side of the campground and a nice golf course just north of town.

Tjuice
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you everyone for your replies. We have decided on Canyon Gatewey and it's close enough to the train (which my son will want to do!)
On to planning my next leg, Vegas baby!

mileshuff
Explorer
Explorer
We stay there several times a year. Was just there over Easter. Great park. Very clean, well maintained. RV guests can use the hotels (next to RV park) indoor pool and jacuzzi. There is a decent convenience store at the office. Next to the office is a kennel if you need to leave your pet for the day while out sight seeing.

I may have a copy of the site map. If so I'll scan it and post.
2014 Winnebago 26FWRKS 5th Wheel
2007.5 Dodge 2500 6.7L Diesel
2004 Dodge Durango Hemi 3.55 (Used to tow TT)

ken56
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed there last Oct. on the north side away from the tracks. The trains didn't bother us at all even though we did hear a couple of them at times. Nothing that would stop me from staying there again. Its a very clean park and a fair walk into town if your in good health. The cafรฉ buffet is very good too.

lfloom
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed there for 2 nights last year. The sites were fairly close together, but not atypical for an RV park. They definitely had the longest sites I had ever seen. They also had the nicest bathrooms of any RV park, ever. I liked it there, because it is a short walk to the town, with restaurants, and things.

busguy22
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed there a month ago for 1 night enroute from Vegas to the Grand Canyon. Very nice park. Great restrooms and laundry facilities. Good wifi and cable (when we were there the park was probably 20% full). There was a Safeway within walking distance. We would happily stay there again. On this map :

Overview map

We stayed along the fence in the back row (closest to the tracks) pretty much where the arrow points to from the black box that says "RV Park". We didn't want to stay right next to the washrooms (the building just to the left highlighted in green) so they gave us a site 3-4 away but once in the site we wouldn't have minded any of them as none of them was right on top of the restroom/laundry building. We only heard one train come through in the middle of the night but otherwise slept very well.

We walked the town for a couple of hours before heading North and would definitely recommend that. The main street (the storefront part) is probably only about 10 blocks long. Lot's of neat shops (mostly route 66 stuff) and a fair number of restaurants.

Oh one suggestion if you do fill up in Williams, the gas stations along the main drag (E-RT 66) (we used the Circle K) were a lot cheaper (like 20-30 cents a gallon) than the ones near the on/off ramps along I-40.
2011 Jayco Greyhawk 31 DS

kalynzoo
Explorer
Explorer
I prefer Circle of Pines KOA, just a couple of miles away. Very large pull throughs, lots of trees, heated pool, and much quieter. While your in Williams don't miss a trip to Bearizona the drive through animal park a few miles from the KOA and the Train. It was a fun filled day for adults and children alike. Take your time to drive through, and drive through again and again if you wish. We had the grandkids, drove through, went to a few animal shows, and drove through again. Even the lunch was good.
Happy Trails.

tpi
Explorer
Explorer
I just was there in the line of back ins against the fence-and the railroad track. I liked it for what it was- a jumping off point for the train trip (just a few minute walk) . Restrooms very clean, and the facility was well maintained. Paved sites in good shape. There were a couple loud trains over the two nights I was there, but slept well for most part. You may find it quieter a few rows from the tracks.

Tjuice
Explorer
Explorer
rv2go wrote:
If you look at the pictures on the website, you can tell the sites are pretty close together. Should not pose a problem because you will most likely only be spending the nights there.

Also, if you zoom in on Google Maps you get a very good idea of the site layout.

Ok, this worked, thanks!
Have you stayed there?

Tjuice
Explorer
Explorer
BB_TX wrote:
Web site? Grand Canyon Railway RV Park

Found it on rvparkreviews.com for Williams, AZ..

They don't have a camp site map anywhere on there.

rv2go
Explorer
Explorer
If you look at the pictures on the website, you can tell the sites are pretty close together. Should not pose a problem because you will most likely only be spending the nights there.

Also, if you zoom in on Google Maps you get a very good idea of the site layout.
Winnebago Journey
TN Lic. RV 2 GO
Jeep Cherokee 4x4
I'm here #4335
Blog

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad