cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

East Shore RV Park, San Dimas, California

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
Have stayed here numerous times over the years but things have changed there for the worst. It used to be a campground but now it has become a place for fulltime/long term residents. Regular campers are stuck next to them, some with permanent structures like permanent structures, storage sheds and shop equipment.

And worse, various neighbors were allowed to play boom boxes and be loud after 10pm quiet hours, well into midnight, even after calling the ranger office. And campsites were allowed to cram as many vehicles as possible. This created a very difficult situation when departing, while pulling the trailer. Many cars stuck out into the road on both sides.

In fairness, the Asst. Manager contacted us after my wife complained to the office on our departure. He stated that they were aware of the issues with long term residents and were moving them all to their own loops next year and leaving 4 loops strictly for transient guests. He offered us two free Premium sites. But we live over 1200 miles away so just 2 free nights isn't sufficient compensation.

Bottom line, we will never return. We lived in the area for many years and return to the area to visit family and friends. But we'll find some other place to stay since we dont feel the rules are enforced there, even after the moving of residents.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes
5 REPLIES 5

hotpepperkid
Explorer
Explorer
I have found a lot of RV parks headed in that direction. There isnt enough of us short time campers for them to make a go at it so they rent long term
2019 Ford F-350 long bed SRW 4X4 6.4 PSD Grand Designs Reflection 295RL 5th wheel

WorldRadio778
Explorer
Explorer
I live in this park full time. I have a monthly site after moving around for a few months every week or so. I don't think it's fair to judge all of us residents because of a few bad apples. Yes some people keep their sites like ****! We are only allowed 2 cars per site. I have 3 and never park more than 2 in my site. I wash my rv every 2 weeks or so. A lot of residents in loops F and E have sloppy sites. I do not know how they get away with it. I live in loop A. My site is flawless. I keep it up and have no **** laying around or under my rv. As a lot of other residents in loop A,B and C. Nice sites, good people. A lot of residents there are lineman from out of state. Hard working and friendly people. Helpful too. My advise, don't get a site in loop F if you want peace and quiet. There's a large tent area down there and yes, some residents down there make noise. As lots of other people who live in houses in neighborhoods. Pm me if you are ever in the park. Come over for a cold one! My site is always opened to my neighbors around me.

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
westernrvparkowner wrote:
That's a shame. However, you may not be able to blame management for their supposed lack of rule enforcement. In many states, and I am sure California is one, renters gain significant rights once a threshold of residency time is crossed. The park would only have the ability to enforce rules that are allowed under tenant/landlord relationships, not the rules an Innkeeper can enforce. These time periods vary among different states, but most range from 30 days to 6 months.
Things like rules regarding site keeping, dogs, quiet hours, parking, number of occupants etc. are not applicable to persons who have a tenant rights. That is why many parks enforce a maximum stay limit. I bet the park is going to find it is going to be very difficult to implement their plan to consolidate the long terms into one area. If any of the tenants dig in their heels it will likely be impossible.

the noise makers were NOT long-term residents but were there just for the weekend.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

the_bear_II
Explorer
Explorer
With the high cost of housing in California many RV parks which offer long term rates/stays are beginning to see an influx of non-RV'er type tenants. This is creating a battle for space between a sure income (long term) and a transient income (typical RV'er). RV Parks are in business to make money.

If a park is in town (like East Shore) folks who realize they can live less expensively in an RV vs. an apartment or house and be close to their job or public transportation will choose to live in an RV park.

You should see how many RV's are parked along remote secluded streets in town now days. Cities are having a tough time dealing with this ever growing segment of the population.

We try to stay in RV Resorts with stay limits or are outside of a major metropolitan area.

The separate loops for permanent and transient works well at other RV Resort/parks.

westernrvparkow
Explorer
Explorer
That's a shame. However, you may not be able to blame management for their supposed lack of rule enforcement. In many states, and I am sure California is one, renters gain significant rights once a threshold of residency time is crossed. The park would only have the ability to enforce rules that are allowed under tenant/landlord relationships, not the rules an Innkeeper can enforce. These time periods vary among different states, but most range from 30 days to 6 months.
Things like rules regarding site keeping, dogs, quiet hours, parking, number of occupants etc. are not applicable to persons who have a tenant rights. That is why many parks enforce a maximum stay limit. I bet the park is going to find it is going to be very difficult to implement their plan to consolidate the long terms into one area. If any of the tenants dig in their heels it will likely be impossible.