cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Fort Ticonderoga

gradygal
Explorer
Explorer
We are planning a trip to Ticonderoga. Can anyone recommend a good campground near the Fort. Full hookups if possible. We plan to stay 3 days and then head to Maine. Thanks

Judi
16 REPLIES 16

Retired_JSO
Explorer
Explorer
bukhrn wrote:
VT Skier wrote:
Retired JSO wrote:
We stayed at Yogi bear a few miles north. After touring the fort, we took the ferry to Vermont on our way to New Hampshire and Mount Washington. Fifth wheel and truck was $15 to cross the Hudson.

Lake Champlain? No ferry on the Hudson in fact VT is not on the Hudson river.
Probably meant the Ft Ticonderoga Ferry that crosses near the Fort to Larrabees Point Vt.

Boy, all these years I thought that was the Hudson, DA big time.
Anyway, wonderful trip.

NHFirefighter
Explorer
Explorer
Take a look at Lake Dunmore Kampersville or the State Park. Lake Bomoseen KOA is also fairly close via ferry.
3500HD Duramax
Crusader 290RLT
Line-X and Fold-a-Cover

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
VT Skier wrote:
Retired JSO wrote:
We stayed at Yogi bear a few miles north. After touring the fort, we took the ferry to Vermont on our way to New Hampshire and Mount Washington. Fifth wheel and truck was $15 to cross the Hudson.

Probably meant the Ft Ticonderoga Ferry that crosses near the Fort to Larrabees Point Vt.
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

VT_Skier
Explorer
Explorer
Retired JSO wrote:

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
radio flyer wrote:
Take a look at Lake George RV Park. We have been there a few times & will go back again. The campground has everything & more, close to everything.

This place is very kid friendly. Paved roads, but sites are kinda close together. Worst part about the CG is traffic heading towards Rte 9. Can take quite sometime to get thru.
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

radio_flyer
Explorer
Explorer
Take a look at Lake George RV Park. We have been there a few times & will go back again. The campground has everything & more, close to everything.

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
Although we've never been there, have heard that Ausable Chasm campground is nice. Jimbee is correct on Moosehillock. Not necessarily the cheapest CG, but the nicest/best one in the area IMO. Try not to get a site right next to or past the security shack tho. Lots of dust. Opt for one away from main entrance.
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

Jimbee
Explorer
Explorer
Highly recommend staying a little bit south of there in the lake George region. That area is a good launch point for exploring the Adirondack region. We personally like Moose Hillock Campground as they have huge full hook-up wooded sites and a really cool pool! It's also only a short drive into the village of Lake George.

Enjoy!

Retired_JSO
Explorer
Explorer

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
X3 on day trip from Lake George. Was about 18 yrs ago at Lake George Escape.

Ausable Chasm is worth a day trip also, maybe 30 minutes north of the Fort if I remember.

Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

Parrothead_Mike
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed in Lake George at a park called Ledge View. Nice park with plenty of trees for shade, a nice pool area, and while you're just outside the village it's quite peaceful in the park. We also visited the fort from this location and then headed east to Bar Harbor traveling through Vermont and New Hampshire, camping near Mt. Washington in Twin Mountain, NH. You can catch U.S.2 easily from there.
2018 Chevy 2500HD Duramax - 2015 Cedar Creek Silverback 29RE
16K Huskey EZ Roller Hitch - EU2000i Honda Generator

justaboutretire
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed in Lake George and did a day trip to the Fort and Lake Placid. From Lake George we went to Maine via route 4.
Bill & Diane
3 Boys, 1 dog
1DIL, 3 Granddaughters
2002 Excursion Limited\w 7.3 PSD
2003 Citation 33M TT

dieselbobcat
Explorer
Explorer
Brookwood is nice... older CG and a little tight to get in and out. But a great couple running it and they plan on being in for the long term. Firewood, beer, soda and other typical items at the camp store... they also have lists as a concierge would provide for activities, dining, and shopping. They also rent canoes and kayaks- Ti itself has some really neat things to do as well; the museme in town is a great stop, good BBQ joint on main street... Be sure to hit the dairy barn up the road... PM me for more details if needed... we spent Independence Day there last year... cool parade and fair by the falls in town.
We day tripped up to Lake Placid as well...
2014 Rockwood Ultralight 8312SS Diamond Edition
2016 F350 Super Duty Crew Cab Lariat Ultimate 4X4 6.2L

SparkDr
Explorer
Explorer
Canโ€™t help you with a recommendation as I havenโ€™t stayed at any of the nearby places, but as a local to the general area I would be remiss if I didnโ€™t extend warmest greetings for your stay whenever you come through and also safe travels along the way. It sounds like youโ€™ve got a great trip planned!
May the Mods grant me the serenity to accept the opinions of those I cannot change,
the courage to offer input to those who are open to another way of thinking,
and the wisdom to shut up whenever I get too caught up in my own misconceived brilliance.