cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fruita Utah campground reservations

jesseannie
Explorer
Explorer
On February 1st at 10 am eastern time Rec.gov will start taking reservations for this campground for the first time., evidently for the whole season.
We are planning on trying for a week the first of October. This is a popular time of year and the competition will be tough.
Any of you seasoned reservation experts have any tips you are willing to share?
We plan on being ready at the opening bell, with my lovely calling on the phone and me on the computer whoever scores first the other can just hang up.
This would then be the *anchor* campground for three weeks in the area filling in either before or after with Moab and ?
Let the games begin.
Jesseannie
4 REPLIES 4

jesseannie
Explorer
Explorer
2gypsies wrote:
You mentioned staying 3 weeks to tour the area. The time limit is 2 weeks. Keep in mind that there are no showers but there is a dump station if your grey water gets full. This is a lovely little campground and perhaps the cottonwoods will be in full color in October.

One thing, I don't know what you're planning to do for 3 weeks (you'd have to move somewhere else the 3rd week) but unless you want to do a lot of hiking or off-roading I'd suggest moving down Hwy 12 to Escalante State Park for a week or so. Things are far apart in the area so moving will save a lot of time and driving. Have you stayed at Bryce? Kodachrome State Park?

Have a good trip!

I said in my post that Fruita would be the main campground probably no more than a week. Then Moab and something else before and/or after. We also need 5 days or so for traveling there and back. Yes on Bryce and Kodachrome, but we would sure go back.

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
You mentioned staying 3 weeks to tour the area. The time limit is 2 weeks. Keep in mind that there are no showers but there is a dump station if your grey water gets full. This is a lovely little campground and perhaps the cottonwoods will be in full color in October.

One thing, I don't know what you're planning to do for 3 weeks (you'd have to move somewhere else the 3rd week) but unless you want to do a lot of hiking or off-roading I'd suggest moving down Hwy 12 to Escalante State Park for a week or so. Things are far apart in the area so moving will save a lot of time and driving. Have you stayed at Bryce? Kodachrome State Park?

Have a good trip!
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
An excellent back up would be Thousand Lakes RV Park - we stayed there it was great

We loved the Jeep trails in the Park
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
From experience with the Yosemite system:

1) be on line early, a few minutes anyway
2) Have two windows open
3) Have your number one site choice in window one, your second choice in window two
4) A couple minutes early start clicking on the reserve button in window one, keep it up until the time passes the reservation time. If you don't get that switch instantly to window two and start clicking that one.

This worked for me in Yosemite. But it's just luck and being there at the right time. I doubt competition is anything like the Yosemite lottery tho.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper