cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Full Hookup sites close to Soledad Canyon, CA

wmoses
Explorer
Explorer
I am planning a trip to the LA area - Soledad Canyon, CA to be exact, and the campgrounds I am coming up with leave a lot to be desired.

There are like 2 KOAs (Acton and Ventura Ranch) and while the latter has decent reviews there are no sites available for the time we want to be there (mid August). The reviews for the one in Acton does give me a good feeling.

I am going there to visit family and don't want to drag my portable tank there, hence the need for full hookups.

I am a member of Good Sam (and KOA) and am wondering if anyone can recommend a nice full hookup park in that area. Looking at the results in CA makes me feel blessed to be living in Texas as far as RV camping goes.
Regards,
Wayne
2014 Flagstaff Super Lite 27RLWS Emerald Ed. | Equal-i-zer 1200/12,000 4-point WDH
2010 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 5.3L 6-speed auto | K&N Filter | Hypertech Max Energy tune | Prodigy P3
_
14 REPLIES 14

SCVJeff
Explorer
Explorer
wmoses wrote:
DW called Valencia Travel Village, spoke to a very nice supposing woman and floor reservations for the stay. I will revert with a review when done.
i don't think you'll be disappointed, but it's also really the only other choice to Soledad unless you drive to Ventura or Bakersfield.
Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350

wmoses
Explorer
Explorer
DW called Valencia Travel Village, spoke to a very nice supposing woman and floor reservations for the stay. I will revert with a review when done.
Regards,
Wayne
2014 Flagstaff Super Lite 27RLWS Emerald Ed. | Equal-i-zer 1200/12,000 4-point WDH
2010 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 5.3L 6-speed auto | K&N Filter | Hypertech Max Energy tune | Prodigy P3
_

SCVJeff
Explorer
Explorer
Then I doubt anyone here can help since youve optioned yourself out. Travel Village is by far the closest to Santa Clarita and is nowhere near Los Angeles proper. Its 15mins drive time from almost anywhere in Santa Clarita, and I doubt you have any idea of the traffic patterns in this area, so not sure of the unfounded objections.
Jeff - WA6EQU

wmoses
Explorer
Explorer
I can see convergence on Valencia. ๐Ÿ™‚ Not really interested in getting close to or even seeing LA or any of the attractions that it has to offer, especially if it entails seeing / encountering lots of traffic and people. Not my cup of tea. So the farther north the better. As I mentioned I would be making the 1500 mile trek to get there in the first place so (a reasonable) distance away from the relatives living in Santa Clarita (say up to 50 miles) is not really an issue for me.
Regards,
Wayne
_

Ex-Tech
Explorer
Explorer
The Valencia park near Magic Mountain is the place to go.

SCVJeff
Explorer
Explorer
wmoses wrote:
missourijan wrote:
Yea, rv parks in So California are like hen's teeth. There's one in Northridge, Walnut RV that we've stayed at. It's between the 118 and the 101, west of the 405. There's also one in Van Nuys that used to be called Birmingham, now I think it's called Balboa (?), also west of the 405. There's a Ventura County park in Simi Valley, Tapo Canyon that's about 3 miles north of the 118, full hookups. There's also one in Playa Del Rey, Dockweiler Rv Park (not the state beach).

Thanks. I'll look into these tomorrow.
FYI - Dockweiler is 40 miles south on the most crowded freeway in the country, and under LAX departure. Up to you but you might wanna take that off your list.

Action is cooler?
Jeff - WA6EQU

Nutinelse2do
Explorer
Explorer
wmoses wrote:
missourijan wrote:
Yea, rv parks in So California are like hen's teeth. There's one in Northridge, Walnut RV that we've stayed at. It's between the 118 and the 101, west of the 405. There's also one in Van Nuys that used to be called Birmingham, now I think it's called Balboa (?), also west of the 405. There's a Ventura County park in Simi Valley, Tapo Canyon that's about 3 miles north of the 118, full hookups. There's also one in Playa Del Rey, Dockweiler Rv Park (not the state beach).

All of these listed a a hoof from Soledad Canyon. You would be much better off in Valencia. Acton will be cooler, but further from Soledad Canyon and not as safe an area as Valencia.
Living Our Dream
MTHRSHP - 2006 KSDP 3912
Cummins 350ISL...Spartan Chassis
ESC POD - 2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Zippy Scoot- 2018 Honda PCX 150 on an Overbilt Lift
Shredder at the Rainbow Bridge - You Will Always Be With Us

wmoses
Explorer
Explorer
missourijan wrote:

Regards,
Wayne
_

wmoses
Explorer
Explorer
the bear II wrote:
We have stayed here and found it to be a nice park but that was nearly 20 years ago... http://www.valenciatravelvillagellc.com/Valencia_Travel_Village/Home.html
The recent reviews look good for it.

This is the leading candidate right now. Will know better when we call about availability tomorrow.
Regards,
Wayne
_

wmoses
Explorer
Explorer
rv2go wrote:
By no means is it 5 star, but Soledad Canyon RV Park might work. It is a Thousand Trails Park that also have public sites.

Thanks but I called them and I can't book a full hookup site. I can book a water and electric sore and if there are hookups when I get there I can get it. Fail. I am not driving 1500 miles on the off chance I "might" get a full hookup site.
Regards,
Wayne
_

SCVJeff
Explorer
Explorer
Even though I am nearby those I've never been there. But if you just can't stay, try Travel Village in Valencia. It's way closer than anything else mentioned above.
Jeff - WA6EQU

missourijan
Explorer
Explorer

the_bear_II
Explorer
Explorer
Although I haven't stayed here, I drove through it and thought it would make a good place to stop for a night or two on the way home someday. It is in Acton. http://www.calrv.com/

There isn't much else in the area but if you're willing to drive 15 to 30 miles there are others listed on www.rvparkreviews.com

We have stayed here and found it to be a nice park but that was nearly 20 years ago... http://www.valenciatravelvillagellc.com/Valencia_Travel_Village/Home.html
The recent reviews look good for it.

rv2go
Explorer
Explorer
By no means is it 5 star, but Soledad Canyon RV Park might work. It is a Thousand Trails Park that also have public sites.
Winnebago Journey
TN Lic. RV 2 GO
Jeep Cherokee 4x4
I'm here #4335
Blog