cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Great campground

trackside
Explorer
Explorer
While doing research on RV resorts, we came across a resort in Dandridge,TN called ANCHOR DOWN. The restrooms,showers,views are spectacular. The staff were very friendly and the prices are very reasonable. So now after having bought our Thor Windsport 29M, we are taking it to Anchor Down in June for 2 weeks. We can't wait.
33 REPLIES 33

1Adam12
Explorer
Explorer
Going in June as well. I guess we'll find out if we like it soon. Hopefully it will be a good time. It looks like they're doing something right because it's sold out for the summer months.
DW and two boys
2019 Grand Design Momentum 397M
2020 Ram 3500 DRW

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
Here's a photo of the place. .... and folks think Fishing Bridge in Yellowstone which has trees is a parking lot.... this is even more so without trees. It would definitely not be a place for us. We'd take a national forest dry campground in its place!

https://www.google.com/maps/uv?hl=en&pb=!1s0x885bf6c5c15050b5:0x956a1cc66b1f213d!2m22!2m2!1i80!2i80!...
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

ro_sie
Explorer
Explorer
Doesnt really matter to me if it is an add or what. I went to that parks website, read everything they had on it, and guess what? I DO NOT WANT TO GO THERE. Don't get me wrong, I like rules, but these "lovely people" want to be able to take pictures of guests and then be able to use them in their advertisements. A couple of other things too. Have these people heard about that " soup Nazi"? they sound like camp ground Nazis. Count me OUT!
ro_sie
Art ( my roomie)
Fleetwood Revolution LE

pigfarmer
Explorer
Explorer
Not about the campgrounds but an interesting place to go while in that part of Tennessee is the Bush Bean Factory. Get your picture taken with "Duke"...

Passin_Thru
Explorer
Explorer
Quite what?

falconbrother
Explorer II
Explorer II
What RV'er uses the word "Spectacular" for a bathroom? Gotta be an ad.

My parents lived in Seymour TN and when we would go visit them, and after mom died, we always stayed at Riverside in Sevierville TN. If I was going to go back, which I'm not, but if I was..I'd stay there. Get a site up on the river. It's under the trees and we just loved it. I always decided at the last minute to call work and tell them I was going to be a couple more days. It's not a super fancy campground, gravel drives, dirt spaces, etc.. But, it's clean, the rules get enforced, dogs welcome, openly Christian and friendly.

When mom was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer we needed to be near her home and the UT Knoxville hospital a lot. They offered us a special deal to store the RV there so we could just drive the car back and forth (from central NC). She died before we got to use it but, they were generous and caring people. In that area my choice will always be Riverside RV park.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Campinghoss@51 wrote:
I doubt it is a ad.

New member, first post and no response. It's an ad.

Campinghoss
Explorer
Explorer
I doubt it is a ad. We have stayed there about four or five times. We stayed in our fiver, then our Class A. We prefer Pigeon Forge. Anchor Down is nice and the staff is very friendly. The sites however are fairly close together with no shade and it is ALL black asphalt. We stayed in the main area our first time and it was so hot our dogs could not take the heat when going for a walk. We asked to move to the highest part which does have some pines. They moved us so we would be next to the dog park and plenty of grass but it was still very hot. The other times we stayed we made a point to not go in the summer months. If you don't mind the drive into P.Forge and wide open spaces are your thing try it. We would stay there again during cooler weather especially as a one or two night stay.
Camping Hoss
2017 Open Range 3X 388RKS
MorRyde IS with disc brakes
2017 F-350 6.7 with hips 8'bed
Lucie our fur baby
Lucky 9/15/2007 - 1/30/2023

jtad
Explorer
Explorer
The OP just became a member of this site today..Its an add..
2004 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40DST

westernrvparkow
Explorer
Explorer
sailor_lou wrote:
You might want to place a review here:

RV Park Review

Lou
05 Travel Supreme Envoy
He can't, since RV Park Reviews requires that you stay there before you post a review. The OP is reviewing the park based on either a personal relationship that he is hiding, making this an ad, or he is reviewing it off internet research which is the modern version of judging a book by it's cover.

LittleRedGoat
Explorer
Explorer
I have been there twice and the whole gang loved it. It is on Douglas lake, close to the Bass Pro. It is a little ways away from the tourist trap of Pigeon Forge but it is quite
2018 Chevy 3500 Duramax DRW, 4wd
2008 Dodge Ram 2500, 6.7l, swb, 4wd(old)
2013 V-Cross 295VRK

67Cutlass
Explorer
Explorer
trackside wrote:
While doing research on RV resorts, we came across a resort in Dandridge,TN called ANCHOR DOWN. The restrooms,showers,views are spectacular. The staff were very friendly and the prices are very reasonable. So now after having bought our Thor Windsport 29M, we are taking it to Anchor Down in June for 2 weeks. We can't wait.

We've actually stayed there. It is a nice campground but their rates are not that reasonable. Our rate was closer to $80 a night with taxes.

This is a fairly new campground but with new comes drawbacks. Landscaping has not had the time to fill out and is small without much privacy between sites. The sites are not too close together but again there is no privacy. Everything is wide open. There is absolutely no shade in the main area. In the summer you can easily have temps in the high 90s with the humidity approaching 100%. One of our stays there was during the summer and without shade it was really uncomfortable. Even with all three of our ACs working fulltime during the day. There are a few sites with trees on a hill overlooking the main area. But those sites are expensive and hard to get. The premium site fireplaces are nice but difficult to get and do you really want a fire at night with the temps are in the 80s?.

Just a warning the campground had lots of rules that they do enforce. If that's not your cup of tea then you probably will not enjoy your stay.

Another drawback you are not close to anything. Sevierville, TN is about 20 miles from the campground. It is the closest town with groceries, restaurants and things to do.

Overall we enjoyed our visit, but probably will not return there again.
2012 Phaeton 40QBH
2015 Jeep Cherokee
SMI Air Force One
Retired USAF - CEVG and AFTAC
Member of Tiffin RV Network Forum

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
It's obviously a 'free' ad. But, will it be deleted?

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
2oldman wrote:
Smells like an ad to me.

X2.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Smells like an ad to me.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman