Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Hallsville, TX

skills4lou
Explorer
Explorer
Hi everyone,
(Man, I haven't been on here in ages!)

I'm going to be working in Hallsville, TX this next summer. I can either take the company paid apartment, or pull the 5th wheel down there and live in it FT for the summer and they'll give me a stipend.

Trying to make up my mind on which way to go. Does anyone have experience with any campgrounds down there? Thanks!
GH
I'm not an expert, but I play one on the internet ๐Ÿ™‚
"Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly"

'07 Sequoia, 92 Wilderness 24M
9 REPLIES 9

skills4lou
Explorer
Explorer
Yea, after doing a bit more thinking I'm sure the apt is the way to go.

I'm not a big fan of TX (or anywhere south of about...well MT) in the summertime. But, I need the job.

PawPaw_n_Gram
Explorer
Explorer
If I still had the house - I'd consider a trade of my house for the summer and your 5er in Montana for the summer.

Our Good Sam group camps within 25 miles of Hallsville twice a year - in January and March.

We don't camp anywhere in Texas in July and August.

Most of us are in Colorado, or anywhere place up north.

I even gave up taking the grandkids to Lake O' the Pines, 21 driving miles north of Hallsville, in the summer a few years ago. The heat was always an issue. Now the multi-year drought, the restrictions on no campfires, the low lake levels - east Texas is not longer a place to camp unless forced in the summer.

Apartment is the way to go.

Then come back and visit us when the snow is 40 feet deep in Montana.
Full-Time 2014 - ????

โ€œNot all who wander are lost.โ€
"You were supposed to turn back at the last street."

2012 Ram 2500 Mega Cab
2014 Flagstaff 832IKBS TT

Heisenberg
Explorer
Explorer
The heat will be quite the experience.
2013 Winnebago Sightseer
2017 Colorado

skills4lou
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks all! FW is safely stored (On the ranch here in MT) and I'm told the apt is quite nice. I was planning on the apt already, but thought I might consider the FW just to see what the $$ would work out to be. Most likely it'll be the apt.

Explorer II
Explorer II
With the assumptions of:
You currently do not live in the FW
You will not pay FW storage or park fees while down there
Your FW will be safely stowed while away
The apt is not a trashed out, roach infested dump
The apt is adequately furnished

Take the apartment!

I see this as being a numbers game. Which way do you best gain $$ while being comfortably accommodated. If it's a break even, your FW will be safe, the apt is safe and accommodating, why not take the apartment?

Plus, the above poster stated... so I'm not commenting on the park itself... I think there is something being said between the lines there!
2011 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCab Max Tow, 2084# Payload, 11,300# Tow,
Timbrens
2013 KZ Durango 2857

padredw
Nomad
Nomad
Here is a link to the Hitchin Post web page:

Hitchin Post

If you have adequate air conditioning you could consider this, but that would certainly be a personal decision.

We have two ACs and have stayed at some of the hottest places in Texas in comfort. Could not do it with one.

We have never stayed at Hitchin Post because it's only about a half hour from our house, so I'm not commenting on the park itself.

Let me know if I can help with information about Hallsville, Longview, Tyler, or East Texas in general. I've lived here all my life.

Kit_Carson
Explorer
Explorer
I think Hallsville will be the same as our area in NW Louisiana and I would opt for the company apartment.
KIT CARSON
GOOD SAM LIFE MEMBER
USAF VETERAN
ARS: KE5VLE
NORTHWEST LOUISIANA

sealevel_ram
Explorer
Explorer
Have overnighted in Hitching Post a couple of times in our MH.
Don't think I would like to spend the summer there, but opinions may vary.
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." Red Green

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'd take the company apt as you will be much cooler in the heat of Texas summers.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus