cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Help with a site North of Tampa

riven1950
Explorer
Explorer
We are looking for a CG within an hour ( hopefully on the North side ) of Tampa. Will be going mid / end of next week.

I have an appointment scheduled at Moffitt Cancer the following week. We normally would prefer something near the coast but that might not be possible. Don't know how busy things are right now. We have stayed at Fort Desota and and Natures resort in Homosassa in the past so some what familiar with the area.

Something off the coast is ok. Up to an hour or so north of Tampa. We will be going to Moffitt for my appointment and maybe checking out the area for a future move.

Reasonable cost would be nice, shade would be great. Friendly and safe a plus. Stay will be 1-3 weeks depending on what we find.

Any ideas?

Thanks ,
TR
8 REPLIES 8

Horsedoc
Explorer II
Explorer II
Try River Palm off 301 on Dead River Rd. We have stayed there several times, they have sold the property and added sites since we were there however. Worth a phone call.
horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
Blue Ox tow

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
X2 on Blueberry Hill. Walmart just across the street and lots of food sources close by.
But Bay Bayou is a lot closer. Not much ambience but cuts down the travel time.
Dunedin RV Resort is the gold standard in the area if you can get in.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

LadyRVer
Explorer
Explorer
Lazy Days RV Resort in Seffner

Blueberry Hill in Bushnell

riven1950
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks so much folks. I'm a looking...

Terry_25
Explorer
Explorer
x2 on Happy Traveler. We enjoyed a few days there this past February.
2016 F-250 Gas
2015 Rockwood 2608WS

johnhicks
Explorer
Explorer
https://happytravelerrvpark.com/

Right at I-75 and US-301, Fowler Ave. goes straight into NE Tampa.
-jbh-

RobWNY
Explorer
Explorer
Try Paradise Oaks RV Resort in Bushnell. Beautiful place and quiet with large sites. It's 55 minutes to the Cancer center
2020 Silverado 2500HD LT, CC, 4X4 6.6 Duramax
2021 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

I asked him to do one thing and he didn't do any of them.

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
Since you are going to Moffit, I would suggest the RV park at Lazy Days or Hillsborough River State Park. Bay Bayou RV Resort between Tampa and Clearwater may be an option as it's not a bad drive to the beach or into north Tampa.
Quail Run is in Wesley Chapel which is a short drive to Moffit... I haven't been there so have no first hand info
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard