cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How to get to Lompoc Gate at Vendenberg AFB

1ed
Explorer
Explorer
I just made reservatiions for next month and need to know how to get to Lompoc Gate with the RV. Tried to Google it but no luck and the cell service is really bad because of the heat. 100 plus here now. I would appreciate it someone know the directions. I will be coming from Fresno Area on 41/46 then 101 and 1. I know how to get to the main gate but the is it. Thanks Ed
7 REPLIES 7

imgoin4it
Explorer
Explorer
Unless something has changed and you have a motor home you will be required to exit the coach and open all the bun doors while they inspect the coach.
Howard,Connie,& Bella,
One spoiled schnauzer
2007 Newmar KSDP
4dr Jeep Wrangler

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Be prepared to encounter a bunch of air corps types. Just smile at them.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

1ed
Explorer
Explorer
That's it, Thanks

1ed
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks and yes that is it.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Is this the campground you are going to? Direction are shown on this site.
Vandenburg Fam Camp

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

1ed
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, Allen

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
From www.militarycampgrounds.us

DO NOT USE THE MAIN GATE! They require RV inspections and won't perform an inspection at the main gate. -- Exit California Highway 1 at Santa Lucia Canyon Road and proceed almost one mile to the Lompoc Gate (open 0600 - 1900hrs, 7 days/week). After you go through the gate you will be on Ine Canyon Rd. Proceed straight for 2.2 miles. Continue straight through the signal, as th road also changes names to Washington Ave. In another .5 miles, turn left at the stop sign onto California Blvd. Proceed West about one mile to the FamCamp which will be on the right side of the road. Take the SECOND driveway into the campground (the first is the exit). -- For entry onto VAFB when the Lompoc Gate is closed: Proceed on Highway 1 into the town of Lompoc. Turn west onto Hwy. 246 (W. Ocean Ave). Turn right (north) onto 13th St. at VAFB the Solvang Gate. It's about 6 miles from Lompoc to the Solvang Gate. After the Solvang Gate continue north on 13th street for about 4 miles. After the stop light, turn left (West) on California St. The FamCamp is on your right, off of California St.