cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Kellys RV park in White Springs Florida

NanciL
Explorer II
Explorer II
Has any one ever stayed at Kellys Rv Park in White Springs and can comment on it?
Good or bad?
We are thinking of staying there for a week or so in October and have never been there before

Jack L
Jack & Nanci
7 REPLIES 7

NanciL
Explorer II
Explorer II
Dirtbags77 wrote:
Nancil. We live at Kellys and take off in the summer for workamping jobs. We a lot of Snowbird friends so we make sure to be back home in the Fall. With all the rain we had lately the river overflowed and came to the back entrance but is now receding. Just for info, the Telford reopened about a month ago with new owners. Lees campground located west of White Springs on 136 is now closed so Kellys is the closest other than the Stephen Foster. There is also Oaks and Pines on I-10 and 441. Good luck.

Thanks,
It sounds like we would like Kelly's, so we'll try to get reservations there.
That is good to know about the Telford, since they used to have the race award ceremony in their banquette room.
We'll pass on getting a room there though since we will be doing a down river camping trip for three or four nights after the race, and it would be a waste of big bucks for a room that we won't be in.

jack l
Jack & Nanci

Dirtbags77
Explorer
Explorer
Nancil. We live at Kellys and take off in the summer for workamping jobs. We a lot of Snowbird friends so we make sure to be back home in the Fall. With all the rain we had lately the river overflowed and came to the back entrance but is now receding. Just for info, the Telford reopened about a month ago with new owners. Lees campground located west of White Springs on 136 is now closed so Kellys is the closest other than the Stephen Foster. There is also Oaks and Pines on I-10 and 441. Good luck.

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
sdianel wrote:
The state park is also very nice but doesn't have sewer hookups and you can't get satellite on most sites. They do have dump station.

No disrespect, but the OP stated that Stephen Foster Folk Cultural SP was booked solid for that time period.

There are many sites you can get satellite if you have a tripod and portable dish. Roof mounted not so many.
Our Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

We also have with us two rescue dogs. A Chihuahua mix & a Catahoula mix.

"I did not get to this advanced age because I am stupid."

Full time since June 2006

sdianel_-acct_c
Explorer
Explorer
The state park is also very nice but doesn't have sewer hookups and you can't get satellite on most sites. They do have dump station.
Lonny & Diane
2004 Country Coach Allure 33' "Big Blue"
Towing 2008 Chev Colorado 4x4
Semper Fi

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
Jack, You might want to recheck on the Telford.

Last winter when we were there, rumors were it was reopening.

Let us know after the race, how you did.
Our Rig:
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

NanciL
Explorer II
Explorer II
Dog Folks wrote:
We have spent the last three winters there. (4 months each time.)

Of course, it all depends on what you are looking for in a park.

Kelley's has miles of walking trails. Other than a clubhouse, and shuffleboard court,it has no amenities.

The clubhouse has activities once or twice per week. Great breakfasts on Saturday morning. If I remember right Bingo on Wednesdays.

It is family owned, clean and quiet. You will find the friendliest residents anywhere in Florida.

The annuls,monthlies and overnights are placed together. By the looks of the park, you cannot tell who is who. Kelley's does has a list of rules that are enforced to keep the place looking good.

It is very close to the river for your kayaking.

We love it and will return there.

If you have any other questions, PM me.

Thanks,
We annually do the Suwannee River fifty mile race and then like to do a three or four night camping trip on the river.
We used to stay in the Telford Hotel in White Springs, but after that closed we opted for the Stephen foster Folk Cultural SP, but that is booked solid for some sort of Folk Art festival on the period we need.

Jack L
Jack & Nanci

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
We have spent the last three winters there. (4 months each time.)

Of course, it all depends on what you are looking for in a park.

Kelley's has miles of walking trails. Other than a clubhouse, and shuffleboard court,it has no amenities.

The clubhouse has activities once or twice per week. Great breakfasts on Saturday morning. If I remember right Bingo on Wednesdays.

It is family owned, clean and quiet. You will find the friendliest residents anywhere in Florida.

The annuls,monthlies and overnights are placed together. By the looks of the park, you cannot tell who is who. Kelley's does has a list of rules that are enforced to keep the place looking good.

It is very close to the river for your kayaking.

We love it and will return there.

If you have any other questions, PM me.
Our Rig:
2006 Outback 27 RSDS