cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Layover

Sooner66
Explorer
Explorer
Wondering if there is any interest from RV travelers to stay at "Private" RV spot at a homehowners house/farm. I am a since trailer horse motel site where travelers stay in their living quarters of their trailer. I have full hook ups and only 1 mile off I-20 in Texas. I thought I would open it up to RV'ers? Thoughts
9 REPLIES 9

Sooner66
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the comments I will answer all here

Jax Dad - thank you I found the Boondockers website plus there is one on this site

Midnightsadie - We would love to have you and I am a terrible artist...

toedtoes - this is a one RV spot (really its 2 but travelers have to book together) so if I have horses here then the spot is filled no vacancy. so animal contact is not an issue. Thank you for your comments.

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Have you looked into liability insurance costs?

toedtoes
Explorer II
Explorer II
A lot of folks do "driveway sharing". They offer other RVers to opportunity to park on their property (with or without hookups) for short stays at little to no cost. You can find such groups on facebook, etc.

I'm assuming you have horses on your property. With that, I would be careful about the "pets can run free" policy.

When dealing with horse people, you can be pretty confident that their pets are good around horses. But if you are just going to offer to RVers in general, you could very easily run into serious problems with their pets stressing out your horses -even if separated by a fence.

My advice is to leave that off your list of pros/amenities and make it a case by case decision once you meet each visitor and their pets so that YOU can decide if they should be allowed to run free on yourproperty and around your horses and other pets.
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
maybe a bill board out at the high way.

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
sounds good to me . I,d stop.

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
Boondockers Welcome / Harvest Hosts.

Why try to reinvent the wheel?

Sooner66
Explorer
Explorer
I guess my Pros
1) You don't have to be around other RVs for Privacy
2) Pets can run free
3) Later Check out times
4) Less expensive $25 per night

Cons
1) No Shower or bathrooms (yet)
2) No laundry room (yet)

I am an RV'er too so I usually arrive at night and leave early the next morning and pay $55+

I welcome any thoughts you won't hurt my feelings.

Sooner66
Explorer
Explorer
I advertise on Horsemotel.com just wondering if there was a similar site for RV's

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
Iโ€™ve heard of what youโ€™re suggesting, not sure the specifics. I sure someone will come along with some info.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT