cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Long term camping near Pittsburgh

love2rvcamp
Explorer
Explorer
My father is going to be in the Pittsburg PA area for about 3 months for his liver cancer treatment. He has a brand new RV he bought a week before he found out his cancer was back. He is looking at taking his RV up from Georgia to stay during his treatments.

Does anyone have any suggestions on where he can stay in the area for the 3 months? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
Mike and Michelle and 2 kids
2013 F250 6.2L Lariat
2008 Rockwood 8313SS
Equalizer hitch with Envoy brake controller
9 REPLIES 9

Rice
Explorer
Explorer
What is your father going to do for transportation to and from his treatments? Is he going to be able to drive himself?

ct1964ups
Explorer
Explorer
love2rvcamp wrote:
My father is going to be in the Pittsburg PA area for about 3 months for his liver cancer treatment. He has a brand new RV he bought a week before he found out his cancer was back. He is looking at taking his RV up from Georgia to stay during his treatments.

Does anyone have any suggestions on where he can stay in the area for the 3 months? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

we liked Indian Brave campground in Harmony,Pa which is north of Pittsburg,it is about 29 miles depending exactly where...Chuck
2017 Newmar Mountain Aire Seville on a Freightliner/2015 Granite Grand Cherokee Limited
2012 American Tradition Merlot>>SOLD
Keep The Rubber On The Road
GO NOLES

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
RedJeep wrote:
Wet just stayed at Timberlane two days ago. Very nice.

This in not in Pittsburg - there is one in New Jersey outside of Philly
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks

Dance_Chick
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed at Fox Den Acres in New Stanton. Nice, FHU site. Not sure if it's too far...about 40 minutes or so.
Gene, Gayle, & Oliver (the dog)
2006 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40 PDQ/2012 Honda CRV toad
Blue Ox tow bar & base plate/Air Force One braking

cbshoestring
Explorer
Explorer
Smith Grove CG in Butler, PA is a 39 mile trip to the city. Rt 28 north to rt 356 west. About the same distance as Bear run, but much more secluded. Both Bear run and buttercup are noisy from the nearby highway (bear run) and main road into Butler (buttercup).

We did not care for the main road "weekender" site,to many golf carts heading to the ice cream store, but the permanent sites seemed pretty nice. You can check out there website if interested CLICK HERE they show monthly rates at 500+electric for 30amp, 550+electric for 50amp.

Never heard of Timberline?????

RedJeep
Explorer
Explorer
Wet just stayed at Timberlane two days ago. Very nice.
2008 Georgetown DS350 Class A
Wife, kids, dog and cat

Tom_N
Explorer
Explorer
15 miles northeast of Pittsburgh is Mountain Top CG. I live about 8 miles away and have been here. This is where you want to stay and I have no connection to this campground. The owner and his family live onsite.

$236/week $550/month

http://mountaintopcampground.com/

-Tom
Sarver, PA/Crystal River, FL/Shelocta, PA ยท W3TLN ยท FMCA 335149 ยท Mystic Knights of the Sea
2005 Suncruiser 38R ยท W24 chassis, no chassis mods needed ยท 2013 Honda Accord EX-L ยท 2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
My son lives in Pittsburg and close in campgrounds are non existant

We have stayed at these 3 campground in the past 1 1/2 years

Bear Run Portersville Pennsylvania

Buttercup Woodlands Campground Renfrew Pennsylvania
Mountain Top Tarentum Pennsylvania

Bear run is the best we have found it is way north but all freeway to the city -yes it far 38 miles to the city
Buttercup Is field camping for transients
Mountain Top is the closest in but does not have sewer ( they do have a honey wagon once a week) and the gray water drains over the hill
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks

Can_t_Wait_Now
Explorer
Explorer
The ones I know of are 45 minutes north of Pittsburgh One small one I know of rates are decent and not a rowdy place owner and family lives on site in there campground. Burnt ridge campground Cowansville Pa 724-543-3253