cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Looking for 5 star RV Park

pigfarmer
Explorer
Explorer
Would like to find a Campground for next summer in the north that has concrete or asphalt pad, FHU 50 amp, patio, picnic table for 1 or 2 months. All suggestions appreciated. Thank you in advance
25 REPLIES 25

wapiticountry
Explorer
Explorer
Polson Motorcoach Resort in Polson Montana will meet all your requirements. And at prices from $140 a night to $368 a night itโ€™s still less than the cost of one prosthetic arm or leg (one of your criteria).

mekkerl
Explorer
Explorer
Highly recommend Swan Bay in the 1,000 Islands in NY.
Would cover everything you are looking for.

https://swanbayresort.com/
Luke & Carolyn
2012 Cedar Creek Silverback 35QB4
2013 Sierra 3500HD Duramax CC SRW SB 4x4
Andersen Ultimate Aluminum 2 Gooseneck Mount

nickthehunter
Nomad II
Nomad II
All you have to do is find some investor that is willing to spend the money to put in all the improvements you โ€œrequireโ€, that is also willing to not recoup their costs. Bingo - problem solved.
Sounds like a person on a Kobe steak diet with a hamburger budget.

Latner
Nomad
Nomad
Newer resort

I've been boating in this area since '93 and remember when this area was all hill with shacks scattered about, someone had a great vision and lots of $$, but they did a top notch job here.

pigfarmer
Explorer
Explorer
Walaby, yesterday (6/29/22) at 8:00am I clarified my question and yes, North Texas in Abilene is great! We absolutely love Dyess AFB and stay there frequently in the fall of the year.

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II
Is Northern Texas north enough for you?

You still haven't even bothered to narrow your location.

Good luck

Mike
Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
Wellsley Island State Park in the St Lawrence river 1000 Islands area of NY has a loop with asphalt pads and full hookups, but the maximum stay is two weeks.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

Flapper
Explorer
Explorer
This is about as North as you can get: https://thepineskab.com/rv-camping-near-voyageurs-national-park/

About 20 min. from the Canadian border, in Voyagers National Park.

But your last post clarified a bit - you want longer term, and low cost. At $95-$175 a night, you'll need both arms and legs....
2012 F150 Eco, 4x4, SCrew, Max Tow, HD Payload
2017 Grand Design Imagine 2670MK

pigfarmer
Explorer
Explorer
Inyrob9301 - RV Reviews was my first resource to the tune of hours of research - hence requesting info from RV. Net. If they did happen to have concrete or asphalt, they didn't have sewer, or size restrictions, or no water, or only 30 amp. One great one in NC doesn't allow use of onboard washer and dryer. Also, we don't want to buy the place, we only want it for a month or two. I thought someone here would know of a park with my requirements not costing both arms and legs. As you can see, I've been on RV. NET for 20 years - not my first rodeo

Rick_Jay
Explorer II
Explorer II
I believe there are some here in New England which might meet your requirements. However, the vast majority of RV parks in the New England states are only open from roughly mid-May to mid-October. And they tend to get really crowded & expensive over the summer months.

I am a bit curious why you require concrete or asphalt pads? I know they have advantages, but I've never used that as a decision to stay or not. I know of one RV Park in Connecticut (Aces High RV Park) that's open all year, but the roads and RV parking areas are hard packed fines. Well maintained and very smooth, better than most asphalt roads. Though it is a bit further south than your list of states.

Good Luck in your search.

~Rick
2005 Georgie Boy Cruise Master 3625 DS on a Workhorse W-22
Rick, Gail, 1 girl (27-Angel since 2008), 1 girl (22), 2 boys (23 & 20).
2001 Honda Odyssey, Demco Aluminator tow bar & tow plate, SMI Silent Partner brake controller.

mdcamping
Explorer
Explorer
pigfarmer wrote:
Would like to find a Campground for next summer in the north that has concrete or asphalt pad, FHU 50 amp, patio, picnic table for 1 or 2 months. All suggestions appreciated. Thank you in advance

Watkins Glen / Corning KOA, NY.
The Villages RV Park at Turning Stone, NY

Resorts has some very high end sites and I believe the 2 parks have concrete or asphalt sites

Mike
2022 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost 4X4 Supercrew GCWR 19,500 157WB
Payload 2476 Maxtow 13,800 3.73 Equalizer 4 Pt Sway Hitch
2017 Jayco Jay Flight 24RBS
Old TV, 07 Toyota Tacoma, Double Cab, Factory Tow Pkg, retired towing at 229K. (Son now owns truck)

lryrob9301
Explorer
Explorer
Why not try looking here and deciding for yourself. RV Park Reviews

sailor_lou
Explorer
Explorer
pigfarmer wrote:
sailor Lou I'm looking for CONCRETE or ASPHALT pad. Every place is gravel, dirt or grass all over the USA.

Although limited, Danforth Bay (Freedom, NH) has a few Deluxe Sites. Below is their description from the website:

Deluxe Sites
Danforth Bay has 4 full hook-up, deluxe camping sites.
Located in close proximity to the lake, these sites have a 12 x 45 foot concrete pad for parking your rig, a 10 x 10 foot patio complete with table and chairs, fire ring and charcoal grill. Standard to all full hook-up sites are 50 amp services, water*, sewer, cable and recreational WiFi access.

*Please note, water hook up is not available seasonally from fall (mid- to late-October) through spring (late-April / early-May).

Lou
05 Travel Supreme Envoy

pigfarmer
Explorer
Explorer
We live in Florida. Our home base is Florida. From April through December, we travel in our 38' motorhome. We start in North Carolina for a month then move further north as the weather dictates then back down southwest as it gets cooler and then east southeast to stay at home in Florida for the winter. We are currently in the UP. Love it here but would like a park that has concrete pads. Will check out the Oaks in Marquette per David Weatherbe (Thanks!) Up North is: Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, New York, Ohio, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, North Dakota, and Montana.