cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Looking for a monthly Oregon Coast RV Park.

pompano
Explorer
Explorer
Hi folks,

We would like your input and advice on RV Parks along the Oregon Coast.

We are 'wandering a bit' on our way from the Dakotas in a fifth wheel (Bighorn 3055RL) to sunny Baja. At the moment we're pheasant hunting in Montana. Being true wanderers, before we cross the border into Baja California we're looking forward to enjoying a couple months of 'storm-watching' on the Oregon Coast. We have made that scenic Coast Trip many times before, but always in spring or summer months. Now we want to see what we've been missing during the wild & wooly winter months.

Looking to ENJOY the stormy weather..this time as seen from a warm & cozy RV. We've been through the first snowstorm back in the Dakotas and are glad to leave that disaster behind. First hard rain, then 40" of snow followed by freezing winds...killing many thousands of cattle and causing an economic disaster. Not the kind of storms we have in mind for this coast trip.

Hint: A favorite song is "Stormy Weather".

What we need from you experienced RVers is some good advice/experience with RV Parks on or near the coast that offer reasonable monthly rates.

We would like:

Monthly rates that won't hurt too much
Electric - can manage with 30amp but prefer 50amp.
Cable tv
good wi fi internet hookup
Water
Sewer
A good view of water would be a plus

Well, there you have it.

My question: What Oregon Coast parks can you recommend to us?

Many Thanks for your help in finding us a place on the Coast this winter!
14 REPLIES 14

RVUSA
Explorer
Explorer
Have a good time, it's awesome country. I decided when I was at Intel in Portland that I would retire in Oregon. Some day, sigh.

pompano
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for those tips! I expected great advice from this site and that's just what I got from the above posts. Nice to know some things have not changed.

GlennWoodbury
Explorer
Explorer
pompano wrote:
Hi folks,

We would like your input and advice on RV Parks along the Oregon Coast.

We are 'wandering a bit' on our way from the Dakotas in a fifth wheel (Bighorn 3055RL) to sunny Baja. At the moment we're pheasant hunting in Montana. Being true wanderers, before we cross the border into Baja California we're looking forward to enjoying a couple months of 'storm-watching' on the Oregon Coast. We have made that scenic Coast Trip many times before, but always in spring or summer months. Now we want to see what we've been missing during the wild & wooly winter months.

Looking to ENJOY the stormy weather..this time as seen from a warm & cozy RV. We've been through the first snowstorm back in the Dakotas and are glad to leave that disaster behind. First hard rain, then 40" of snow followed by freezing winds...killing many thousands of cattle and causing an economic disaster. Not the kind of storms we have in mind for this coast trip.

Hint: A favorite song is "Stormy Weather".

What we need from you experienced RVers is some good advice/experience with RV Parks on or near the coast that offer reasonable monthly rates.

We would like:

Monthly rates that won't hurt too much
Electric - can manage with 30amp but prefer 50amp.
Cable tv
good wi fi internet hookup
Water
Sewer
A good view of water would be a plus

Well, there you have it.

My question: What Oregon Coast parks can you recommend to us?

Many Thanks for your help in finding us a place on the Coast this winter!

RVUSA
Explorer
Explorer
when I finished a job in Portland a few years ago I headed for the thousand trails preserve in pacific city. I was definitely looking for some wild and wooly weather.

"papa, it's almost sunset. Hurry up with that bisquit!"

and there we sat for 3 weeks waiting for super storms and all we got was this.

Check with them, they do rent to the general public these days. The place is very nice.

Lauren
Explorer
Explorer
Have been to the Oregon Coast a few times - well, several as it is one of our favorite places. We really like Cannon Beach area and already have reservations for next year. Winchester Bay is a very, very nice RV park but unless you dune buggy a lot we found it had not much else to offer. We do beach walk a lot but can do that anyplace. We also stay at the Marina in Newport.

Next year we are going to try a week at Bandon; have not stayed there. There area lot of state parks but they might have a time limit.

You might consider a couple or three places.

Enjoy.
Barbara-DW 55 years
Sadie-"Aussie" Terrier
06 Mobile Suites 32TK3
06 Chev 3500 4x4 Dmax
20 yrs PT RVing - 190 RV parks; some many times

TyroneandGladys
Explorer
Explorer
Can not wait to get back there again!!!!!!!!!!!
Tyrone & Gladys
27' 1986 Coachmen

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
Carl n Susan wrote:
Winchester Bay RV Resort (20 miles north of Coos Bay) is a spectacular park on the water. Winter monthly rates range from $540 (small interior site) to $680 (waterfront view - my preference).

Best place I know of, call them and get current prices. There is a CG in Waldport a little North of WB with water/river views, good rates there and lots of places to view storms from and return to the calm.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
IIRC Oregon state parks only allow 14 day max stay.

"You can stay 14 consecutive nights in a single campground, and may return after spending at least three nights out of the park (it can be another state park campground; in fact, we recommend you DO select another state park campground). The maximum time allowed within any Oregon State Park is 14 nights within any 17 night period."

RV parks would be the best bet.

crabbin_cabin
Explorer
Explorer
This summer we spent a great month at Lincoln City/Premier RV Resort. Summer rate was $525. Winter is considerably cheaper. Call Terry at 1-877-871-0663 or try:
http://www.premierrvresorts.com/lincoln city. A very nice place.

Us_out_West
Explorer
Explorer
We had a great trip UP the OR coast staring last May with our preference staying on or near the Pacific for the ambiance.

Brookings - Beachfront RV Park

Charleston/Coos Bay - Oceanside RV Park - Direct access to beach via short walk.

To this;

Winchester Bay - Winchester Bay RV Resort

Beverly Beach State Park - just North of Newport

Direct access to the beach walking under the 101.

Garibaldi just North of Tillamook - Harbor View RV Park

Feel free to view our Trip Journal (in our signature) for more info and photos.

Safe travels...and enjoy!!
Our Trip Journal

2012 Jayco Pinnacle (View)
36 KitchenPantryTripleSlide
MorRyde pin box and suspension, Curt Q24, Dual Pane windows, Auto Levelers, 2 AC's,and more.

2009 Silverado 3500HD 4X4 (View)
CC, Dura-Max 6.6/Allison,LB ,DRW,Amer. Tank 65 gal. Aux Fuel

Carl_n_Susan
Nomad II
Nomad II
Winchester Bay RV Resort (20 miles north of Coos Bay) is a spectacular park on the water. Winter monthly rates range from $540 (small interior site) to $680 (waterfront view - my preference).
Temp Signature1
Second Line
Third line
Fourth Line

Roy_Lynne
Explorer
Explorer
Driftwood RV park in Brookings (southern part of State) Walking distance to beach.
Cannon Beach RV Resort, northern, also can walk to the beach.
Nehalem Bay State Park is right on the beach.

rollexx
Explorer
Explorer
Devils lake RV Park in Lincoln City has monthly rates. No Ocean view but view of the lake.

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
Beverly Beach state park has full hookups with cable about $23 per night, we were just on the coast last week, and lived on the Oregon coast in the past.
I would suggest mid coast for a little better weather, it only snows on the coast about every 25 years.
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks