cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Looking for a RV park in the Jacksonville Fl Area

haste_maker
Explorer II
Explorer II
I am looking for an RV park in the Jacksonville, Fla area, for early spring, I have stayed at the Flamingo Lake RV Resort many times, and need to know about some other parks in that area..Thanks
Retried Teamster
2007 Allergo
12 REPLIES 12

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
ford truck guy wrote:
been at Pecan Park many times and NEVER had an issue with plane noise.....

We've stayed there a couple of times as an overnight stop... no issue with noise.
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

CALandLIN
Explorer
Explorer
haste maker wrote:
I am looking for an RV park in the Jacksonville, Fla area, for early spring, I have stayed at the Flamingo Lake RV Resort many times, and need to know about some other parks in that area..Thanks

Are you a veteran?

The American Legion post 137 has a gated RV park where big rigs fit. They are situated on the Cedar River in an area behind the main club. They have 8 RV Sites. Six are FHU with CATV. The other two are on the riverbank and are W/E only.

Proof of service is all that is needed. Any DD-214 will do.

There is a 30 day stay limit. You have to actually leave and come back the next day to start another 30 days stay. That's in accordance with state rules for private clubs. They won't fudge.

Retired_JSO
Explorer
Explorer
garmp wrote:
Less than an hour away is Crooked River State Park, GA. Nice looking park. Haven't been there, but just booked time there in May.

Crooked River is a nice place to visit but the No-see-ums are terrible above 40 degrees.

wiskeyVI
Explorer
Explorer
I spent some time at Flamingo Lake RV Resort and it was very nice to us.
We had a lot of fun and many super nice folks.
We did not care for the sudden storms that would pop up.

been at Pecan Park many times and NEVER had an issue with plane noise.....
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
Less than an hour away is Crooked River State Park, GA. Nice looking park. Haven't been there, but just booked time there in May.
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

mgirardo
Explorer
Explorer
We've stayed at Hannah Park several times. It is a great park. It's closer to Mayport and Jacksonville Beach than it is to Downtown Jax.

As for Pecan Park, I would worry more about I-95 traffic as it is right off I-95, you can see the campground as you drive by on I-95. I've never stayed there or driven through it, but from I-95 it looks like your typical parking lot type campground. The web site makes it look really nice, but never shows how close to I-95 it is. It's pretty darn pricey too.

-Michael

-Michael
Michael Girardo
2017 Jayco Jayflight Bungalow 40BHQS Destination Trailer
2009 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS Class C Motorhome (previously owned)
2006 Rockwood Roo 233 Hybrid Travel Trailer (previously owned)
1995 Jayco Eagle 12KB pop-up (previously owned)

ken1961
Explorer
Explorer
We stay on our way north and returning south. They gave ear plugs but planes do seem to be a problem now.
Ken

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
haste maker wrote:
rr2254545 wrote:
Kelly's Countryside RV Park Callahan Florida we moved to this small park after a nightmare at Pecan near the airport

I have thought about staying at Pecan Park, but wasn't sure about the airport being so near, with airplane noise.
I will never stay there again noise was terrible
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks

Terry_25
Explorer
Explorer
Pecan Park is a nice cg. Stayed there twice. Went there because it was close to the airport. Wasn't close enough. Noise was minimal and plane spotting was disappointing because of their altitude. Different strokes for different folks.
2016 F-250 Gas
2015 Rockwood 2608WS

haste_maker
Explorer II
Explorer II
rr2254545 wrote:
Kelly's Countryside RV Park Callahan Florida we moved to this small park after a nightmare at Pecan near the airport

I have thought about staying at Pecan Park, but wasn't sure about the airport being so near, with airplane noise.
Retried Teamster
2007 Allergo

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks