cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Mather Campground with a 23' trailer

SFVdave
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone been to Mather with a medium size trailer? Site shows trailer sites listed at 30'. Is there room for the TV? Like a Chevy Silverado 4dr short bed? Not mine, my brother's. I'm in a luxury 28' Class C. Been there a few times, but I don't recall.
7 REPLIES 7

2g_s
Explorer
Explorer
This may help in choosing sites:

https://www.campsitephotos.com/campground/az/mather/This may help in choosing sites:

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
In addition, Campsitephotos.com has photos of every site. Also try Campendium
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

SpeakEasy
Explorer
Explorer
On recreation.gov, the site where you make reservations at Mather, once you are looking at a specific site there is a link that says "allowable equipment." Click on that link and you'll see the maximum trailer length allowed on that site. It's interesting, and a little frustrating at times, because they'll sometimes list a longer limit for an "RV" than for a trailer. I presume that's to allow for space to park the tow vehicle, but I don't know that for sure.

-Speak
It's just Mrs. SpeakEasy and me now (empty-nesters). But we can choose from among 7 grandchildren to drag along with us!

2014 F-150 Super Crew Short Bed 3.5L Ecoboost
2014 Flagstaff Micro Lite 23LB

Matt_Colie
Explorer
Explorer
Dave,

If you don't want to call them to ask, light up Google earth. Find the camp sites and get close enough that the picture is still clear. Then use the measuring tool to guess the site sizes.

Matt
Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs (one dear dog is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.

SFVdave
Explorer
Explorer
My brother's trailer is 21' and truck is 19'. that's 40' hooked up.

BarabooBob
Explorer III
Explorer III
I have camped at Mather a couple of times. They have some pull trough sites that will easily take a 30 ft TT. You may have to be creative in parking your TV but is is doable.
Bob & Dawn Married 34 years
2017 Viking 17RD
2011 Ford F150 3.5L Ecoboost 420 lb/ft
Retired

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
I havenโ€™t had an issue at 25 feet overall TT with my double cab.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad