cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Moving TT from GA to FL

Chock_Full_o__N
Explorer
Explorer
DH & I will need to move our TT from the N.GA mountains to the FL panhandle in November. Since we don't have a truck now, we're puzzling out how to go about moving it or having it moved. I'm going to see if there are any rental places nearby that will rent a 3/4 ton truck for the move. If that turns out to be too costly or impossible to find, I will need to search out someone to move it for me.

Any ideas will be welcome.
"Those who dwell...among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life."--Rachel Carson, environmentalist, 1956

2009 Ford F250 XL
2006 Dutchmen 25F
Me & DH in non-parenting mode!
5 REPLIES 5

Chock_Full_o__N
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the suggestions. We're not planning to move household goods.The little bit we need to keep will fit in a 10x10 storage unit. Everything else has gone or will go to Salvation Army. It's been eye-opening as we've culled our stuff. It's amazing how much **** we've been holding on to!
"Those who dwell...among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life."--Rachel Carson, environmentalist, 1956

2009 Ford F250 XL
2006 Dutchmen 25F
Me & DH in non-parenting mode!

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
Best place and best price to look for hauling your TT is under HORSE TRANSPORTATION. These guys haul horse trailers all over and there is actually a consistent run back and from GA to FL with the race horses.

I used them and lucked out with a guy running empty that fit into what I needed moved for a real good price. And they haul precious cargo and expensive rigs for a living and IMHO take better care and more respect of what they are hauling. Or they would be out of a job.

Check them out you will be surprised how much less the cost is compared to using an outfit that only hauls "RV's".

There's nothing special about pulling a TT except that it is called an RV and that gives many companies the opportunity to think they can charge 10 times more because it's an RV!:R It's nothing more than a trailer folks! :C

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
X2 on using Uship
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
look up " u ship it "

wanderingaimles
Explorer
Explorer
How are you planning on moving household goods? Might be able to use a U-haul truck to kill 2 birds with one stone. Their trucks have 2" receivers.