cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Mt Rainier

LaTriker
Explorer
Explorer
How much snow is on or around Mt Rainier in mid-June? Where is the best place to camp and visit Mt Rainier in a 40โ€™ MH with a toad?
6 REPLIES 6

1stgenfarmboy
Explorer
Explorer
We were there on the 4th some time ago, we hiked in many feet of snow but as said the roads are clear but wet in places, there are some webcams at Paradise, I look at them every day.
1993 Dodge W350 Cummins with all the goodies
2014 Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn 2wd 395hp
2017 Forest River Surveyor 243 RBS
2001 Super Sherpa & 2012 DL650A go along also

jamesu
Explorer
Explorer
In years past I have experienced snow at Paradise Lodge on the 4th of July. Itโ€™s a big mountain. If itโ€™s shrouded in the clouds, hard telling what might be happening up there.
2011 Chevy 2500 Duramax diesel
2019 Timber Ridge 24RLS (Outdoors RV)
Go Cougs!

ohhell10339
Explorer
Explorer
Depends on where you want to go. Longmire/Ohanapecosh/La Wis Wis (SE corner of park) are below 2000 ft elevation, so snow is not a problem. Sunrise is somewhat higher elevation, and if you want to go up to Paradise (and everyone does), the road will almost certainly be open but there may still be a lot of snow (or, a LOT of snow). This has been an above average snow year up there so far, so I would camp in the aforementioned SE corner, or if you like private slab campgrounds, in the small town of Packwood. Drive your car up to Paradise, any RV is a bad idea on that road.

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
agesilaus wrote:
Varies with the winter weather. There was plenty around the visitor center in June when we were out there. We stayed at Mounthaven Resort which is right outside the gate. Excellent CG.

X2 to both!
Mount Haven is just outside The Nisqually Entrance great place to stay!
Paradise can have snow on the ground into July, but the roads are clear.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

PawPaw_n_Gram
Explorer
Explorer
Last year a week before Memorial Day there was 14 feet of snow at the upper visitor center parking lot.

I have no idea if that is typical, but it was impressive looking. Just unhappy that the road across the park was still closed.
Full-Time 2014 - ????

โ€œNot all who wander are lost.โ€
"You were supposed to turn back at the last street."

2012 Ram 2500 Mega Cab
2014 Flagstaff 832IKBS TT

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
Varies with the winter weather. There was plenty around the visitor center in June when we were out there. We stayed at Mounthaven Resort which is right outside the gate. Excellent CG. Weak WIFI tho

Now that I think on it, it was actually mid-July when we were there.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper