cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Nascar Hall of Fame - Charlotte, NC

harryjr
Explorer
Explorer
We are not NASCAR fans but will be going right through Charlotte in late March so we thought the the Hall of Fame might be worth a few hours.

However, it's the middle of the day's trip so there's no option to visit without the 5th wheel (34 feet) attached. It looks like the museum is smack-dab in the middle of the city. They have some RV parking available in the parking lot with a reservation. Cost varies.

Are we asking for trouble? Is it worth the trouble?

I always follow the fire-fighters' rule: "Before you go in, have a plan on how to get out."

Thanks.
Harry Jr.
Southeastern CT
5 REPLIES 5

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
There is a camping world next to the Charlotte Motor Speedway with plenty of space. Might give them a call to see if you can park there.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

PhilipB
Explorer
Explorer
I think the museum is worth the time. I was there as part of a work event earlier this year. I wouldn't be opposed to taking my 5er downtown if there was a parking option. Would definitely try to get a street view of the parking area to make a final decision.
2015 Ram 2500
[purple]2013 Raptor 310TS[/purple]

I was there a few years ago without the fifth wheel...

I would NOT wanna drag my camper through downtown to see the HOF.. BUT, that's just my opinion.

If it is a MUST SEE, find a lot on the outskirts of town and UBER in.
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

bobsallyh
Explorer II
Explorer II
Have not been there myself. but have friends that have been. This is a big drawback for the HOF. Somebody in downtown Charolette got their hands in FRANCECAR's pockets. And they wonder why visitation is down. This should have been built out on I-77 or I-85 for better accesibility.

hotbyte
Explorer
Explorer
I went several years back while in Charlotte for work so I didn't have RV parking to worry about. I really enjoyed it as my NASCAR fandom is more with the older, historical drivers. I've been thinking of another trip with RV since I didn't get but a few hours to visit.
2018 Minnie Winnie 24M