cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

National Infantry Museum, Ft Benning GA

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
A great place to visit and explore why you're able to live this lifestyle. Fantastic site and extremely well done. Also nearby is the Civil War Naval Museum.
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)
8 REPLIES 8

Belgique
Explorer
Explorer
The museum is extremely well done. The exhibits are informative and entertaining (Hollywood helped with them). We didn't allow enough time to see it in depth. BTW if you're active/retired, the campground on post is very good.
Hickory, NC
2007 Fleetwood Discovery 40X

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ft B gave me the training I needed to survive Nam. I'm grateful for it. I like the museum too.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

lmpres
Explorer
Explorer
For anyone who is eligible, check this site out. Awesome info on Military bases that have campground on them.....
http://www.militarycampgrounds.us/

rv2go
Explorer
Explorer
I spent the first 8 months of 1959 there. Just back from Korea.
Really enjoyed watching the Airborne train. Especially, the jump from the planes at 300 feet. They were on the ground real quick.
Winnebago Journey
TN Lic. RV 2 GO
Jeep Cherokee 4x4
I'm here #4335
Blog

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Firemedic, I wish it was only 20+ for me!
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

firemedic08
Explorer
Explorer
Great place to End a 25 Mile Ruck March. lol Id love to return now 20+ years later.
Donnie
1994 Chevy 2500 Extended cab
1987 28 ft travel villa 5th wheel.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
To each his own Charles. I liked Ft. Benning, Columbus and Georgia.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
Nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there. A few months at 'the home of the infantry' before Nam was enough for me.