cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

New Orleans in April 2024

CarnationSailor
Explorer II
Explorer II
Asking for recommendations for RV parks near or in NOLA. Plan to be there about 10 days. I've seen postings recommending the north shore, but that appears to be at least an hour drive in to the french quarter. I think I want to be closer.

I've taken note of high crime areas as posted on the web and they seem to be mostly in the "Central City" district and on the east side.

I've sort of narrowed it down to the New Orleans KOA or the New Orleans RV Resort & Marina. I'm interested in hearing opinions on these 2 as well as any others you want to recommend.

Thanks
2015 Crossroads Rushmore Springfield
2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax
5 REPLIES 5

craig7h
Nomad
Nomad
I am also on the Bayou Signette SP favorites list. As said its an easy on off to the city.
Itasca Meridian SE 36g
Road Master Tow Dolly

bobsallyh
Explorer II
Explorer II
We also 2nd Bayou Signette SP. Nice and easy ride to NOLO and the French Quarter. Remember, if touring the French Quarter make sure to look up at the overhanging balconies. Can be very interesting.

Wadcutter
Explorer III
Explorer III
We've stayed on the north shore at Fairview Riverside SP and Fountainebleau SP. Both nice. You are correct about the drive time into the French Quarter.
We've stayed at several in the NOLA area. Both OK but a place to park. Sites generally are fairly close together
Our preferred location is Bayou Signette SP in Westwego. Quiet. Clean. Well maintained. Camp sites are not on top of each other. It's a short drive into the French Quarter. If you're coming from the west it's an easy drive to the park without going thru the city.
Camped in every state

ken56
Explorer
Explorer
We've stayed at New Orleans RV resort and marina before. It is a nice park and at the time was safe and secure. It's been a few years since we've been there so don't know how it may have changed if at all. They have a shuttle into the Quarter too if you don't want to drive and the return schedule suits you. I would stay there again.

We've also stayed on the north shore at Abita Springs RV resort and that is very nice also. It is a Coast to Coast park but I think takes non members. The drive into NOLA isn't all that bad.

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
We've been to them all... we still like French Quarter RV resort the best. Secure, easy walk to the quarter. It is noisy, with the highway and city noises. NO RV resort is a ways out, and at least when we stayed there, the shuttle they provided stopped running early ( around 7 pm I think) so they meant you needed to take a taxi/uber back ( $$$'s) or take the toad in ( $$$'s for parking if you can find it) .
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard