cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

October festivals, Va & W Va

Germania
Explorer
Explorer
We are going to be spending a couple of weeks traveling in Va and W. Va.in October Looking to spend sometime at some Fall Festivals. Any type.Anybody know any good ones.
12 REPLIES 12

Bob806
Explorer III
Explorer III
Merrykalia wrote:
We have two locally in October. The Wise Fall Fling is the 2nd weekend of October - maybe 8 and 9 and then about 15 miles away is the Home Craft Days in Big Stone Gap, VA. I figure you probably won't be this far west in VA, but Natural Tunnel SP is about 10 miles from Big Stone Gap and is a wonderful campground.

We are right smack dab in the middle of the Appalachian Mtns and the fall foliage is MAGNIFICENT.

I love that area. Thanks for that info, maybe we will go there next fall.

Germania
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you merrykalia went to all 3 places mentioned in your post. Had a great time

Germania
Explorer
Explorer
Wow, Thanks for all the info

Linda_VA2
Explorer
Explorer
Graves Mountain Fall Apple Festival, Madison, Virginia. It is three weekends in October and lots of vendors, food, etc. This is a favorite for the people to visit from DC and Northern Virginia and my home county.

marc71
Explorer
Explorer
Suffolk, VA - Peanut Festival 10/6 thru 10/9
2010 Toyota Tundra SR5 TRD double cab 4x4
2015 Jayco Jayflight 32 BHDS
Prodigy Brake Control
Eaz-Lift WD - Eaz-Lift sway control

bshpilot
Explorer
Explorer
Festival of Leaves in Front Royal, Virginia is pretty big -
Front Royal, Va is at the Northern most point of the Skyline Drive.

http://www.warrenheritagesociety.org/programs_festival.php
Don R.
'04 42' Haulmark Motor Coach - 450hp/1650tq / 12 spd SmartShift
'12 Jeep Wrangler Sport (manual trans)
'17 Platinum F350 (6.7L, SRW, CC, Long bed, 4x4)

Merrykalia
Explorer
Explorer
We have two locally in October. The Wise Fall Fling is the 2nd weekend of October - maybe 8 and 9 and then about 15 miles away is the Home Craft Days in Big Stone Gap, VA. I figure you probably won't be this far west in VA, but Natural Tunnel SP is about 10 miles from Big Stone Gap and is a wonderful campground.

We are right smack dab in the middle of the Appalachian Mtns and the fall foliage is MAGNIFICENT.
2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
http://www.virginia.org/directory/Events/
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

eb145
Explorer
Explorer
Apple Butter festival in Berkley Springs, WV. Nice small town festival, nice town. Early October.

lgarcia
Explorer
Explorer
Most fall festivals in my neck of the woods in WV are actually in September - my personal favorite is Volcano Days this weekend celebrating the Oil and Gas history of the region.

but there is an October one:
October 14-16 Parkersburg, WV
Blennerhassett Island is where Aaron Burr & Harman Blennerhassett plotted against the newborn United States. The island is a reenactors dream and the mansion is rarely open at night, but for two days there is a sternwheeler ride to the island, a harvest dinner, horse drawn carriage rides,1800's dancing, and a candlelight tour of the Blennerhassett mansion. Nearby Mountwood Park campground is a place to stay as is Leith Run campground in New Matamoras, Ohio.

http://www.greaterparkersburg.com/events-calendar/

Most October activities are Halloween or leaf peeping related. I highly recommend Summerville Lake Resort for both.
-Laura
2016 Shasta Oasis 18BH (specs and floor plan in profile)
2015 Ram 1500 Hemi

Travlingman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Don't know if this qualifies as a fall festival, but it is fun. Bridge Day
2017 F-350 King Ranch DRW
2014 Landmark Savannah(sold)
2022 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4

Moved from Forum Technical Support