cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Oregon Salmon Fishing in Fall 2017

timandsusan
Explorer
Explorer
Already planning for 2017--Any recommendations for Oregon Salmon Fishing in the fall? Are there websites that post the 2016 Fall fishing reports?
7 REPLIES 7

dicknellen
Explorer
Explorer
I had a great fresh King Salmon filet dinner last night at Scbastian's restaurant in Brooking harbor. We have been in Brookings Oregon the last 12 days and see many small boats fishing the mouth of the Chetco River, have not seen many caught. Great rv park here at the harbor, Beachfront RV Park. Dick

RVing_4_FUN
Explorer
Explorer
Tillamook Bay has already been mentioned.....good for Sept/Oct fishing.
Bouy 10 (Columbia River) out of Astoria or Warrenton was something I fished this year mid August, the boat fished the Ocean instead of the river but everyone on the boat limited out.
Most all of the bays offer some sort of salmon fishing starting in August thru Oct. Although salmon are in the rivers until thanksgiving.
You may want to consider Steelhead fishing also....the Deshutes River feeds into the Columbia near The Dalles is excellent in Sept.
ifish.net is a good resource for information.

timandsusan
Explorer
Explorer
I will go on a charter. My salmon fishing experience is 3 summers in Alaska. As others may know about Alaska salmon fishing especially on the Kenai River--no fishing until the salmon run, when the sonar count hits 50,000+ per day, you can limit easily. I suspect Oregon fishing will be different. I wonder why salmon fishing is Alaska especially on the Kenai is not called "Catching"!

cpd520
Explorer
Explorer
Are you looking for info on do it your self or for a charter??
Jack and Nina

timandsusan
Explorer
Explorer
I am searching the web for Oregon fishing report now. If it is like San Antonio, the saltwater and fresh water reports are in the Saturday paper only. I will keep looking.

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer
Tillamook bay is usually good. For fishing reports? Have you searched the web for oregon fishing reports?

Lauren
Explorer
Explorer
We came thru Newport and Bandon again on this trip and both seemed to have been doing well - Bandon is more crabbing than fishing. Been down the Coast several times before and Newport always seems to be very active for fishing ..... going by hearsay; not personal experience.
Barbara-DW 55 years
Sadie-"Aussie" Terrier
06 Mobile Suites 32TK3
06 Chev 3500 4x4 Dmax
20 yrs PT RVing - 190 RV parks; some many times