cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Our next themed roadtrips

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
We've decided on our next themed roadtrips for 2024: Westerns.

First up we're going to start out with the First Contact Day in Bozeman, MT. After all Gene Roddenberry said Star Trek was the Wagon Train to the stars.

Next trip will be the greatest duration as we'll head on over to Buffalo, WY for Longmire Days. We'll be taking a look at Devil's Tower and going to Cody, Ten Sleep, and Cheyenne as well as places that strike us as interesting.

Maybe we should call this the Wyoming-themed roadtrip. Most likely we'll spend a month in Wyoming.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus
5 REPLIES 5

LindaAnn
Explorer
Explorer
We've done Longmire Days in Buffalo, WY...WONDERFUL!

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
dedmiston wrote:
We just spent four days in Sheridan last weekend spectating the Bighorn 100 miler and it was gorgeous.

Once you get off I-80, Wyoming is a magnificent place.

You bet it is. It's been about a decade since we visited last and definitely want to do more travel off the beaten path this time. There's a lot more great sights in Wyoming than the Yellowstone crowds.

Matt_Colie wrote:
You are not going to stop at the someday birthplace of James T Kirk in Riverside Iowa??
Matt_C

BTDT. Got it in a little side trip to a family thing.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

Sandia_Man
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yeah, my DW and I thoroughly enjoyed Longmire series as well. We are less than an hour from his cabin in the Valles Caldera National Preserve and within a couple hours from many of the locations used during the length of the series. Luckily we don't have to go out of state as we have done plenty of RVing in Eagle nest, Santa Fe, Red River, and Las Vegas, NM where the series was primarily shot. Growing up in AZ and living in NM last couple decades we are thoroughly entrenched in all things Western, Native, and Spain's colonization of western USA. Have fun our your western excursion, the regional cuisine is delightful albeit a bit spicy for some.

dedmiston
We just spent four days in Sheridan last weekend spectating the Bighorn 100 miler and it was gorgeous.

Once you get off I-80, Wyoming is a magnificent place.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230

Matt_Colie
Explorer
Explorer
You are not going to stop at the someday birthplace of James T Kirk in Riverside Iowa??
Matt_C
Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs (one dear dog is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.