cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Parking Travel Trailer near LA Brea Tar Pits?

awoodwaring
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 24 ft travel trailer. Is there any parking in the area that would accommodate us?
5 REPLIES 5

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
Give them a call...IIRC they allow oversized vehicles to park along 6th street but it's been several years since we visited and we went via car....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

awoodwaring
Explorer
Explorer
TucsonJim wrote:
You might give them a call and see if they can accommodate you. Here's the number:

(213) 763-3499

If not, you can look to see if there is a Walmart, Lowes, or Home Depot in the area where you can ask for permission to park your trailer for a few hours while you visit the museum.

That was a good idea, though the closest store is 2 miles away. I will try calling them.

awoodwaring
Explorer
Explorer
WyoTraveler wrote:
Haven't been there for quite a while but doubt it. The Le Brea tar pits aren't rural. It is right in the middle of city with sidewalks etc. I would look for an RV site in Long Beach or Anaheim and drive the 30 miles to the tar pits. Long Beach probably the best solution.

We do have a site in Van Nuys, followed by a site at Dockweiler Beach. I was hoping to visit La Brea on our travel day between sites. If it doesn't work, we will make other arrangements.

WyoTraveler
Explorer
Explorer
Haven't been there for quite a while but doubt it. The Le Brea tar pits aren't rural. It is right in the middle of city with sidewalks etc. I would look for an RV site in Long Beach or Anaheim and drive the 30 miles to the tar pits. Long Beach probably the best solution.

TucsonJim
Explorer
Explorer
You might give them a call and see if they can accommodate you. Here's the number:

(213) 763-3499

If not, you can look to see if there is a Walmart, Lowes, or Home Depot in the area where you can ask for permission to park your trailer for a few hours while you visit the museum.
2016 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4
2017 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS
2013 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4 (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)
2014 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)