cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Private Arkansas campground

deniseandspike
Explorer
Explorer
Trying to schedule a last minute trip to somewhere in Arkansas around first couple weeks in August. Wish list is private campground with full hookups and lots of privacy but close to lake or river. White River looks interesting because the water is so cold and I don't do well in the extreme heat. Adults don't fish but teen loves fishing. I just want nice scenery to relax. Any suggestions on RV parks? Seems like everything I find on the river is state park and they're full or don't have full hookups.
3 REPLIES 3

Ed_C
Explorer
Explorer
It doesn't have everything but: LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION
Tom Sawyer in West Memphis AR
Ed/Jeanie & Slade the GSD
2017 Entegra Aspire 42 RBQ/ Sierra Crew

Redcatcher70
Explorer
Explorer
May I suggest you Google Mountain View, AR and you will find all the private campgrounds you can visit! The first one that came to mind is Jack's Fishing Resort on the bank of the White River. RV sites, cabins or motel rooms, boat rental, swimming pool, and one of the best restaurants in the state, JoJo's Fish House, serving fried catfish. It is close to town where you can shop, take a lawn chair down to the Courthouse Square and listen to music by groups all around the Square. We usually stayed at Sylamore Creek Campground, grands were not into fishing but I have been known to wet a hook in the Creek while the kids and Grandma played in the water. Also, the Ozark Folk Center is close and see all the craftsmen and women at work. If you need more info, just holler....
Dave & Pat
2008 Hi-Lo 19T
2004 F250, XLT Crew Cab, V10, finally, enough power!
"No kids, no pets, made it to retirement"

eHoefler
Explorer II
Explorer II
Blue Heron in Flippin

https://www.blueheroncampground.com/
2021 Ram Limited, 3500, Crew Cab, 1075FTPD of Torque!, Max Tow, Long bed, 4 x 4, Dually,
2006 40' Landmark Mt. Rushmore