cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Reservations cancelled

routeforty
Explorer
Explorer
Just received an email from the Maryland Park Service that our reservations for the last week of April are cancelled. Was going to watch grandson play some HS baseball games. The games were cancelled last week but we enjoy staying at Tuckahoe SP and was going anyway, but now I guess not. ๐Ÿ˜ž All this cheap gas(paid 1.39 for regular this morning-diesel was 2.05) and no place to go. Sure hope when all this **** is over the fuel prices stay down.
2018 coachmen leprechaun class c 2008 KZ spree 260FL
12 REPLIES 12

DFord
Explorer
Explorer
The more I read and become knowledgeable of COVID-19, the more I realize this will be the biggest catastrophe to endanger our nation since WWII and the 1918 Spanish Flu pandemic. We're at war with this gremlin or at least should be. It won't be over anytime soon. Anyone that thinks it will be over quickly is a fool. Expect many months of this to move across the land as it surely will. The restriction in place now are meant to lower the peak because there's no way people needing to be hospitalized will be able to find a bed if it spikes here as it did in Italy. Listen to professionals and kept away from others as much as possible - no exceptions! This is as serious as a heart attack and should be treated as such. It's much better to over-react and nothing happens to end up with COVID-19 needing hospitalization and possibly an undertaker. THIS IS LIFE AND DEATH. DON'T TRIVIALIZE IT.

MODERATOR'S EDIT: Per the site Admin's request, I am closing all COVID-19 threads and directing future comments to one thread in Around the Campfire: 2019โ€“20 CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC POSTINGS
Don Ford
2004 Safari Trek 31SBD (F53/V10 20,500GVW)
'09 HHR 2LT or '97 Aerostar MiniVan (Remco driveshaft disconnect) for Towed vehicles
BlueOx Aventa II Towbar - ReadyBrake Inertia Brake System

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
Travel spreads the virus. This is not debatable, it is a basic fact that any epidemiologist will confirm. How hard is that to understand? It only takes one person to infect one other person, who in turn will pass it on.

If you can stay home, do so.
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
Cancel all reservations until further notice.
There should be plenty of opportunities to get out there, especially the boondocks.

bucky
Explorer II
Explorer II
State and local campgrounds are far from close human contact when the sites are 40 feet wide.
Guy, your other comment is unnecessary.
Puma 30RKSS

Guy_Roan
Explorer
Explorer
rhagfo wrote:
Johno02 wrote:
Politicians eel that they can make a big point of doing something by closing campgrounds, and not offend too many in their own voting area. Big news, little use.

Currently they are a place of cross contamination, restrooms and close contact between people. We donโ€™t want to be like Italy.

Exactly !

Hotels, motels, and restaurants are also mandated to be closed for the same reasons.I

It is good common sense, ...

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
Johno02 wrote:
Politicians eel that they can make a big point of doing something by closing campgrounds, and not offend too many in their own voting area. Big news, little use.

Currently they are a place of cross contamination, restrooms and close contact between people. We donโ€™t want to be like Italy.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

johnhicks
Explorer
Explorer
https://www.rvia.org/news-insights/california-new-york-pennsylvania-and-florida-secure-big-wins-owners-amid-virus?fbclid=IwAR0TNN-5xi5HGOv96HAwmpDWWOhELOva_C7uO0aEz7OLlRYBWLPOGv2zXSs
-jbh-

DFord
Explorer
Explorer
Miami-Dade County notified everyone they'd have to be out or their campgrounds by 5pm on Monday.

Nothing open around here but grocery stores, pharmacies, gas stations and carry out food. All other businesses have been ordered to close.
Don Ford
2004 Safari Trek 31SBD (F53/V10 20,500GVW)
'09 HHR 2LT or '97 Aerostar MiniVan (Remco driveshaft disconnect) for Towed vehicles
BlueOx Aventa II Towbar - ReadyBrake Inertia Brake System

NoVa_RT
Explorer
Explorer
Maryland is canceling camping reservations prior to May 11, but the parks remain open, with one exception. Virginia State Parks are still open and allowing camping, but I wonder how long that will last. Thereโ€™s a political aspect to the decision-making, elected officials want to be perceived as โ€˜doing somethingโ€™, even if there may be a question as to effectiveness. Not an easy call, but camping at a social distance may be a better alternative for those who can do so.
2013 RT 190-Popular

ItsyRV
Explorer
Explorer
Yep. Many private campgrounds are still open. Been getting emails from some I stayed at informing us that they are open. KOA sent an email blast that they are open along with a list of those closed due to government mandates. Some places are assigning spots so that there are spaces between units and set occupancy limits for the campground and or the spot. But they seem to be open for the most park.
1994 Itasca SunDancer 21RB - Chevy G-30 chassis.

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
routeforty wrote:
Just received an email from the Maryland Park Service that our reservations for the last week of April are cancelled. Was going to watch grandson play some HS baseball games. The games were cancelled last week but we enjoy staying at Tuckahoe SP and was going anyway, but now I guess not. ๐Ÿ˜ž All this cheap gas(paid 1.39 for regular this morning-diesel was 2.05) and no place to go. Sure hope when all this **** is over the fuel prices stay down.

Private CGs are still open. In NC. it is only the State, and NP CGs that are closed
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers