cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV, campgrounds near Cleveland

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
We are planning to go to the R&R hall of fame in Cleveland and I checked 4 spots on this web site that claim to be close and none had full hook ups and not really that close. This was new to me as I have been all over, but not Ohio and don't ever remember not being able to find full hook ups. And the rates were about the same as most full hook up sites I have been to. Whats up with this?
10 REPLIES 10

Bob806
Explorer III
Explorer III
PButler96 wrote:
Cleveland by the way is mostly a cesspool.

Cleveland is actually very nice and inexpensive, the people are friendly. You're salty about something.

Regarding campground suggestions, Findley SP is about 40 minutes west of Cleveland. As others mentioned, maybe check out east of Cleveland- Ashtabula county has some decent private campgrounds, and Punderson SP, Geneva SP are good ones.

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
We looked at Streetsboro KOA but ended up at a place in Grafton I think--still no sewer. Guess I'll dump going in and going out. Thanks for the help. Mama wants to see some kind of a high tech library in Charleston WV so we will stay near there, WITH SEWER!, on the way North.

pasusan
Explorer
Explorer
Whenever we do Cleveland we stay at Punderson State Park. Easy access to the city. They have a great art museum too.

Susan & Ben [2004 Roadtrek 170]
href="https://sites.google.com/view/pasusan-trips/home" target="_blank">Trip Pics

MARKW8
Explorer
Explorer
You need to look south east around Aurora and Streetsboro.
Mark

A few years back, we stayed at the KOA in Streetsboro which is about 45 minutes or so south of the Hall of Fame in Cleveland. We had not realized we were that close so we made a trip up there, like said above about three hours and we were done.
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
Thanks for the positive response. I have been to Cedar point before and raced at Norwalk a few times. Our plan is to head East out of there and there are other things we want to see in the Cleveland area. as well. I used to live in the Baltimore area and have seen less than pristine areas so thats not a concern. Never been to a place of interest that wasn't expensive, thats a given. I was just surprised that these camp grounds had no sewers, just dump stations yet charged and promoted themselves like they were "resorts" Yet at best 30 mi from anything. I have stayed in places that cost $30 a night that had sewer hook ups!

phil-t
Explorer
Explorer
Try the local fairgrounds. Many have RV spots and if your plans don't coincide with a big event you might be good.
2014 Allegro 36LA

PButler96
Explorer
Explorer
The Rock and Roll hall of fame is an expensive tourist trap. I remember saying that when I visited it @ 1994. I visited it again in 2018 and found it to be even more of a total joke than it was 24 years prior. They recently wanted to induct Dolly Parton? WTF. The Country Hall of fame should induct Motorhead. If you think campground prices around that area are high, wait until the Hall of fame is done running your wallet through the wringer. Cleveland by the way is mostly a cesspool.
I have a burn barrel in my yard.

cbshoestring
Explorer
Explorer
Google puts the average stay at the hall of fame at 2 hrs. Sounds more like a day trip.

If planning extended stay. Geneva on the Lake....hour east. Cedar Point out to the west....hr or so. Also seems to be a place called Roundup Lake about 30 minutes east.

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
I live in the canton area about 15miles from the football hall of fame what a mess for you theres a koa south of canton 60 miles from RR. clays park about as close as I know. might be some thing west of cleveland, geneva state park east about 50 miles. I don,t no of any close to cleveland.