cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV Parks in Denver area for July?? Maybe....

Curly2001
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for a possible place to camp to meet our new grand baby early July in Denver, if things are better. From what I can see there are not too many campgrounds in the Denver area to begin with, more state parks with water and electric, which would be fine. Just looking for suggestions.
Thanks,
Curly
2019 Chev. Double cab 2500HD, 6.0, 4:10 diffs, six speed auto
2013 Heartland Sundance XLT 265RK
5 REPLIES 5

craig7h
Nomad
Nomad
Its not Denver proper but, I travel there every year and rotate between St Vrain state park in Longmont, north of Denver. Its a nice state park FHU concrete pads all pull thru. However as said before all state parks are on the reservation system. Then I go to Dakota Ridge in Golden its a private park and some what costly also. Then everything in the Denver area is costly.
Itasca Meridian SE 36g
Road Master Tow Dolly

Curly2001
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks imgoin4it
Curly

imgoin4it
Explorer
Explorer
Cherry creek and chatfield **** are both very nice and very busy. Hard to get into. Ther are two. RV parks around federal and hi 280. One is flying saucer RV park. Older park that was once a mobile home park. There is another around the corner on federal blvd but forgot the name . It is a mobile home park with some RV spots and is pretty nice. If all else fails you can try Jefferson county fairs grounds. They have full hook up and take reservations.
Howard,Connie,& Bella,
One spoiled schnauzer
2007 Newmar KSDP
4dr Jeep Wrangler

Curly2001
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks

Thom02099
Explorer II
Explorer II
Curly2001 wrote:
Looking for a possible place to camp to meet our new grand baby early July in Denver, if things are better. From what I can see there are not too many campgrounds in the Denver area to begin with, more state parks with water and electric, which would be fine. Just looking for suggestions.
Thanks,
Curly

Cherry Creek and Chatfield State Parks both offer full hookup sites; they are $41/night, and there are back in as well as pull thru sites. Prior to the closure of all state parks, I had checked to see if there were still openings in either one for specific dates in July, and at that time, there were still sites open. Problem is the reservation system currently won't let you access any information, and all Colorado State Parks are on a reservation only system. There's no first come/first served in CO State Parks.

My advice would be to check after 04.26.20, which is when the stay at home order for the state is set to expire, and the "safer at home" order goes into effect until 05.08.20. I called one of the local state park offices and they didn't know about the week of the 27th, but speculated (only) that there may be a gradual lifting of restrictions the week of 05.04.20. What happens after 05.08.20 is anyone's guess.
2007 GMC Sierra SLE 3500HD Dually
2016 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 243RBS
2007 Keystone Outback 25RSS - R.I.P.