Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV Parks near Charleston, SC

Travelinfam92
Explorer
Explorer
Hey everyone,

We are looking for some RV park recommendations. My wife and I are looking to stay at least a few months in the Charleston, SC area. I would call the places myself but Iโ€™m traveling overseas extensively until September so my research is limited to google maps and email. We own a 2018 Montana 3810MS. I emailed the KOA and they said the weekly rate was $438 and they donโ€™t offer monthly rates. Too steep for me. Hereโ€™s what Iโ€™m looking for:

-Within a 30 drive of downtown Charleston.
-Swimming pool
-less than $1000 per month lot rent
-50a full hookups
-long term stays allowed

Any help is greatly appreciated! I will be out of wifi and cellular service for the next week so I wonโ€™t be able to reply.
7 REPLIES 7

Retired_JSO
Explorer
Explorer
Or son lives there. We always stay at Oak Plantation about. 15 minutes southwest on US 17. Long and short term full hookup

https://www.oakplantationcampground.com/index.html

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
I stayed in a KOA in Ladson. It was a straight shot in to Charleston from there. It wasn't a 5 star spot though.

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
There are two KOAโ€™s in the Charleston area. Mount Pleasant is a great one. One near Summerville is a dump (IMO) but does have long term campers. James Island county park is great if you can get in. Weโ€™re going to Oak Plantation CG in a few weeks, never been there, nice pictures, decent reviews. .
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

LMHS
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you are going to be there for 6 months or longer, try a mobile home park. The downsides are no bathhouse, you may have to put utilities (electric and possibly water) and provide for your own cable TV/internet. All of this requires a refundable deposit. None of these things were ever a "problem" for us. We always used our onboard bathroom. Getting our own utilities was typically a $100 deposit for each utility. We now have our own hotspot so that one is not necessary for TV/internet.

johnhicks
Explorer
Explorer
rvparkreviews.com
-jbh-

Travelinfam92
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the app suggestion. I will try it out.

ken56
Explorer
Explorer
I use the RVPARKY app to find campgrounds in an area. It gives all the information you need to contact them and find out. Only you can make that decision.