cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Santa Rosa, CA

Chuck5395
Explorer
Explorer
Our plans have changed and now we are going to be heading to Santa Rosa, CA towards the end of April to visit family. While there may be room available in the house, we prefer our camper.

I'm looking for recommendations on where to camp. We have a 33ft 5th wheel that needs to be accommodated.

Thanks
-Chuck
2018 Jayco 28.5 RSTS
2017 RAM 3500 Cummins
12 REPLIES 12

jbbrick
Explorer
Explorer
Someone told me they love Spring Lake park, right in Santa Rosa. Their site looks beautiful.
'06 Itasca Suncruiser 33'
2016 Ford Edge toad

Chad_Heiser
Explorer
Explorer
Casini Ranch Family Campground is another option. It is west of Santa Rosa on River Road in Duncan Mills along the Russian River. We stay there fairly regularly and will be there this weekend. Cloverdale north of Santa Rosa also has a KOA. Rohnert Park and Windsor have small commercial RV parks that have a lot of full timers in them, but rent spaces for travelers. I canโ€™t think of the names of them off the top of my head, but a quick google search should bring them up. The fairgrounds RV Park is fairly full these days with workers and displaced home owners from the fires, but they should have a few open spots for travelers. If you want to be in Santa Rosa, it is pretty much your only option with a larger size rig. If your rig is small enough, you could also try Spring Lake Park on the east side of Santa Rosa. I canโ€™t remember if they have hookups though.

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
We've stayed at Sonoma Co Fairgrounds but just looking now the rates have really gone up. They give various camping discounts though. All the parks are expensive in the area.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

Jbrowland
Explorer
Explorer
The Petaluma KOA is nice but also VERY expensive. Just be aware of that before you book so you don't have sticker shock. Fires or not, The KOA is almost always busy as there aren't a lot of options for RV camping in the area.

F-TROUP
Explorer
Explorer
We like Windsor RV park about 5 miles out of Santa Rosa in Windsor $40 a night FHU, KOA $75 FUH

donkeydew
Explorer
Explorer
with the fires in wine country a lot of displaced people will be staying in the rv parks. reservations a must as there isn't an over abundance of parks in the area.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
What a classic TT, epen. Beautiful!
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ill second the recommendation to stay at the KOA in Petaluma I have stayed a few times.

A very nice campground with large sites all very nice, Great staff and very clean grounds and restroom/shower area.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
We have stayed at the KOA in Petaluma for a Forest River rally. It was very nice.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality โ€“ Ayn Rand

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
I stayed at the Sonoma Country Fairgrounds RV Park for a couple of nights. It wasn't fancy and was all stone. But it was passable for a few days:
http://www.sonomacountyfair.com/rv-park.php

Here are some pictures from our stay:

2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

RognBon
Explorer
Explorer
There is a KOA in Petaluma a few miles south of Santa Rosa that gets very good reviews. We have not stayed there, but we have driven through and it looked very nice.
RognBon
1997 Monaco Dynasty 40'
Cummins 8.3 325 HP
2008 Ford Edge Toad

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
The fairgrounds are adequate. However and because of the fire, make a reservation. Residents may be using these facilities while their homes are rebuilt.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad