cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Sarasota area cg

Kentucky_Joe
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for a nice cg for next week. Don't need a lot of amenities but do want full hook up. Can someone help us.
6 REPLIES 6

noe-place
Explorer
Explorer
We just came back from a week in Sarasota-Bradenton. We stayed at the Buttonwood Inlet RV Resort on Cortez Road. It is about a mile from Anna Maria Island which has some of the best beaches I've ever seen. There are a couple of unique restaurants close by and all the usual. If you like to fish and swim, this is the place for you. The sites in the campground are full hookup and I was very happy to see there is ample space for a second vehicle next to our MH. They have their own boat ramp in case you need it along with fish cleaning facilities. They have only one bathhouse but it presented no problem for us. There is a fine 18 hole golf course about 4 miles down the same street as the campground and a nice par 3 course even closer on the same street. The staff is very friendly and helpful. They even let me use their clubhouse office tv to watch the Masters last week because they don't have cable at the rv sites.

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
If you can get a spot in the full hookup Palmetto Ridge section of Myakka River State Park, grab it. We were there for two weeks in March and loved it. Lots of things to do there...
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

computerbug
Explorer
Explorer
What kind of RV do you have? Oscar Sherer is nice. Kayaking, hiking, woodsy etc beach is about 2 miles.. Turtle beach is very tight. No privacy. No pets. Myakka state park is out east and very nice also. We live in Sarasota and have been to both parks a number of times. They're clean and well run. There're parks in Venice and bradenton also. It really depends on what you like to do. I hope this has helped. If you have any questions PM me.
Cathie

FULLTIMEWANABE
Explorer
Explorer
Check out Oscar Scherar Osprey just south from Stickney Point Bridge/Siesta Key access on Tamiami Trail. Not full hook up but with dumpstation we loved it there. Densely treed, wlldlife and easy access North or South on 41. There's also a CG that's a bit pricey by Turtle Beach on the key there.
It Takes No More Effort To Aim High Than To Aim Low - Reach For The Stars

Bob_Shaw
Explorer
Explorer
Check-out Rvparkreviews.com. There are a lot of campgrounds in that area, and with the snowbirds going home, they may have some openings, although spring break may impact availability.

Jack_Diane_Free
Explorer
Explorer
Take a look at Arbor Terrace in Bradenton.