cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Sarasota Fl. to Branson Mo. campsite suggestions.

73guna
Explorer
Explorer
Trying to tentatively plan the second half of our trip this summer and Im looking for recommendations.
From Sarasota I would like to make it up to s.w./ central Georgia for our first stop. From there we will most likely stop at Gunter Hill Park, just west of Montgomery Al. for a couple days to just relax.
From there Id like to drive at least five hours which would put us in the general area of north Mississippi., s.w. corner Tennessee., ne. corner of Arkansas (near Memphis)
So Im looking maybe a two day stop in south Georgia and one day in north Miss. area.
2007 Chevy Silverado Crewcab Duramax.
2016 Wildwood 31qbts.
7 REPLIES 7

73guna
Explorer
Explorer
It sounded like we are there now in my last post so I edited it.
We are not there now, however that is our final destination in our camping trip loop this coming summer.
2016 Wildwood 31qbts.

Limit4
Explorer
Explorer
We have stayed at Indian point many times. I did not know they had winter access. Our favorite site is #50. Did you go to Silver Dollar City for the lights? We were there in Nov. And loved it.

73guna
Explorer
Explorer
We love COE campgrounds.
In fact will be staying at Indian Point COE park in Branson.
Great suggestions so far, keep em coming.
2016 Wildwood 31qbts.

Limit4
Explorer
Explorer
Wallace Creek COE Enid Mississippi. 2 miles off I55 60 miles south of Memphis is a Jewell. Full hook ups and large level sites. Check it out.

chindog
Explorer
Explorer
When you make your reservations for Gunter Hill, be sure to choose a site in the Catoma loop. Those sites are really nice with full hookups, much better in every way than the Antioch loop and well worth the extra couple of bucks.

If you like COE parks, you may want to consider Eastbank COE near Bainbridge, GA. There's not a lot to see around there, though, so you might think about just doing one day in GA, and save your 2 day stop for the Memphis area. Tom Sawyer campground is nice, but another alternative is the Hernando Point COE just south of Memphis in Hernando, MS. The sites there are pretty wide, but not real long.
2014 Fleetwood Discovery 40G
2012 Honda CRV toad

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
I think a campground directory would be helpful to augment what you read for this post.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

craig7h
Nomad
Nomad
If you are talking about the Memphis area, I would recommend Tom Sawyers in west Memphis. It really in Arkansas see if you can get a river side pull through. Watch the barges all day long.
tomsawyerrvpark.com
Itasca Meridian SE 36g
Road Master Tow Dolly