cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Snowbirding 2020/21

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
Unless a miracle happens there will be no vaccine for the Corona Virus when it is time to head south for the winter. It seems to me that the same rules will apply as were in effect the latter part of this year's snowbird season; namely wearing masks and keeping your distance. Who needs that?
I should have posted that the rules will take some of the spontaneity away from the experience.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)
28 REPLIES 28

DallasSteve
Nomad
Nomad
2oldman wrote:
wilber1 wrote:
As it stands now, Canadians cannot get out of country medical insurance.
Omg, that will keep most of you at home. All my C friends have it. Without any improvement, this winter could be dire for So Cal RV parks.

Maybe I'll do my part to help Southern Cal. I might decide to winter there this year if the Canadians stay home and the RV park rates are reasonable. Oh yeah; Texas 41, USC 38
2022 JAYCO JAY FLIGHT SLX 8 324BDS
2022 FORD F-250 XL CREW CAB 4X4
All my exes live in Texas, that's why I live in an RV

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer
Explorer
Just call me "racoon" because that's what I'll look like by this fall ๐Ÿ™‚ I'm fine with social distancing and wearing a mask and toting hand sanitizer. I'm sorry for the Canadian Snowbirds if they have to stay north ๐Ÿ˜ž
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

Thunder_Mountai
Explorer II
Explorer II
Oh no! What is going to happen to AZ without our Canadian friends next winter? Going to be kind of lonely. Hope things work out.
2016 Winnebago Journey 40R
2018 Rubicon
1982 FJ40 Toyota Land Cruiser
2020 Keystone Outback 327CG
2020 Dodge Ram 2500
Polaris RZR XP 1000
4 Cats
3 Dogs
1 Bottle of Jack Daniels
Two old hippies still trying to find ourselves!

netjam
Explorer
Explorer
wilber1 wrote:
legsnred wrote:
What I am wondering about is all of our Canadian friends.

As it stands now, Canadians cannot get out of country medical insurance. Unless that changes, I doubt you will see many of us. We may have to get reacquainted with Canadian winters.

In addition, currently the border is closed for non essential travelers. That may change but a number I have talked to are not waiting to find that it is still closed this fall and are planning a winter in Canada. Personally Iโ€™m still hoping I can go south. Have already paid for a month in Nevada and one in AZ....did that in Feb before the lockdown.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
wilber1 wrote:
As it stands now, Canadians cannot get out of country medical insurance.
Omg, that will keep most of you at home. All my C friends have it. Without any improvement, this winter could be dire for So Cal RV parks.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

wilber1
Explorer
Explorer
legsnred wrote:

As it stands now, Canadians cannot get out of country medical insurance. Unless that changes, I doubt you will see many of us. We may have to get reacquainted with Canadian winters.
"Never trust a man who has not a single redeeming vice" WSC

2011 RAM 3500 SRW
2015 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

PawPaw_n_Gram
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
You can always stay home.

Home has wheels on it.

My winterizing method is to move the trailer SOUTH of I-10
Full-Time 2014 - ????

โ€œNot all who wander are lost.โ€
"You were supposed to turn back at the last street."

2012 Ram 2500 Mega Cab
2014 Flagstaff 832IKBS TT

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
Dick_B wrote:
Unless a miracle happens there will be no vaccine for the Corona Virus when it is time to head south for the winter. It seems to me that the same rules will apply as were in effect the latter part of this year's snowbird season; namely wearing masks and keeping your distance. Who needs that?

we are booked in AZ for feb-mar already...as long as the park will be open (pool, etc). January will be on the road to AZ. if the country is still shut down by then, well, we won't have a country to worry about.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
โ€œWho needs that? โ€

We all NEED face masks and distancing. If the choice was solely between going with masks and distancing or not going, Iโ€™d go. Sorry you feel differently.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

legsnred
Explorer
Explorer
:,)2003 F-350 4X4 PSD 2006 Everest 344J

STBRetired
Explorer
Explorer
Already booked my spot for the 2020/2021 season. Like PawPaw n Gram, I vote for option #2.
1999 Newmar MACA 3796 F53 6.8L
2016 Ford Edge Sport
Roadmaster Sterling A/T with Brake Buddy Select

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
You can always stay home.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Moved from ATC

PawPaw_n_Gram
Explorer
Explorer
Well, the choice seems to be:

1) Wear masks and keep social distance while trying to live in our FT travel trailer in cold and maybe snow,

or

2) Wear masks and keep social distance while trying to live in our FT travel trailer in relatively warm Florida.

Wife says option #2, and I don't argue.
Full-Time 2014 - ????

โ€œNot all who wander are lost.โ€
"You were supposed to turn back at the last street."

2012 Ram 2500 Mega Cab
2014 Flagstaff 832IKBS TT