cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

SuperSebring at Sebring International Raceway Sebring, FL

AlwaysDreaming
Explorer
Explorer
Anybody have any stories and tips on Class A RVing at "12 hours of Sebring" event?
1 REPLY 1

Lumpty
Explorer
Explorer
I've had my spot along the road between 2 and 14 now since 2017, so 2020 will be year 4 there; I cheated a bit the first couple of years in 2013 and 2014 with an unreserved North Paddock RV spot and parked on the concrete at the T15-T16 infield. Missed '15 and the series my son was in during '16 wasn't part of the event.

The reserved sites are tight. My 24' Class C fits fine with room to spare. Last year though, someone with a 45' triple axle pusher showed up on Friday near me. It took 3 cops, him hitting one car, 2 hours and the whole neighborhood to get him parked.

Now with WEC running Friday night, this is a super popular event, even more so than what the 12-hour was. Every spot and then some sold out last year. If you do not have a reserved spot, get hooked up with a group of people, and either way, plan on being there when the gates open Wednesday. There will be a long line, that starts queuing up a week before.

The party aspect of the event has quieted down in recent years. Things are noticeably tamer now than even my first time in '13, and that according to legend was nothing like the old days. Not to say fun can't be had. Compared to the Rolex 24 wine and cheese atmosphere, Sebring is definitely shots and beer.

A rental golf cart is spendy but worth it, however no golf carts allowed in Green Park (they might become kindling). No personal golf carts or scooters allowed, and if you have a car it needs a parking pass to get over the bridges into the infield. It isn't terrible to leave a car in the free parking outfield and shuttle or take the golf cart out there. Have a cable bike lock to secure the golf cart when parked overnight or remotely (through the steering wheel to the roof post). Bring lots of refreshments, though greasy food is plentiful along the Midway, and a local Sebring fraternal organization (Lions Club I think) has made a killing the past few years selling cases of beer out of a trailer along the Midway.
Rob

Too Many Toys.
- '11 E450 Sunseeker 2300
- '16 F150 Supercrew 5.0/FX4
- '09 C6 Z51
- '15 VW Golf Sportwagen daily driver
- '86 Civic and '87 CRX race cars