cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tennessee State Park - Henry Horton

SETenn
Explorer
Explorer
Thinking about visiting this state park in the Fall. Anyone camped there? I have been looking at the sites online but can't tell a whole lot about them. Would like to have as private of a site as possible. Any help would be much appreciated.
7 REPLIES 7

Larry-D
Explorer
Explorer
We camp there a lot. Great place, clean and spaces are not up against each other. Great trails to walk. Since it was refurbished about 3-4 years ago the bath house is clean and actually useful. Now the downside its hard to reserve on the weekends.

ken56
Explorer
Explorer
Horton does not have sewer, W/E only. At least that is what their website says. I don't know if it has been improved to include sewer as many of the state parks are being improved to include full hook-up. I love our state park system, one of the best in the nation.

SETenn
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks guys, always lots of good info from the good folks on this forum. Gonna reserve soon!

RoyF
Explorer
Explorer
We camped there for four nights in 2016 and had a very nice site in the woods with plenty of shade. Would definitely choose it again.

Piddlers
Explorer
Explorer
The campground has been totally upgraded. Great wooded sites, nice wide paved pads, wi-fi, new everything.

Piddlers
Explorer
Explorer
We love that Park. Great wooded sites! The sites are very spacious. The camp hosts are so nice and friendly. We normally try to get #45 or so, but anything around the back outer loop should be good for privacy and space. Look at sites 17 thru 25.

Regards,
Piddlers

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
Haven't been over in several years, but there were a number of nice sites down by the riverside. Up on the hill, sites are small tight and difficult. Last I heard, they were improving it, but its been several years now, so its difficult to say.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.